HOPE!

Me and Ginger sat outside of the tattoo shop as the time read 5:45 pm. Due to daylight savings, it was already dark as shit outside.

 I was fine the whole day until we pulled up here. My heart was beating out of my chest and I had no idea what to do now.

"I can come in with you if you want me to," Ginger said, I shook my head no as I wanted to do this by myself. I came to the party with them, met him with them, and I needed to learn to do this one thing by myself even though I felt my heart beating through my ass.

"I got it Gin...I feel like I gotta shit bro.." Ginger busted out laughing, but I was dead serious, I always felt this way when I was about to do something that I had never done before or made me nervous.

"Bruh..just chill..I'll stay on the phone with you if you want me to..just in case." I nodded okay as I pulled out my AirPods and placed them in my ears. I got out of the car and instantly called Ginger on my way into the building. The tattoo shop actually had some big business since it wasn't 12 am on New Year's, so, I'm not sure how fast I was gonna be able to talk to Jahseh.

I walked into the shop and the same guy who had greeted us last time looked towards my direction and smiled. I smiled back and gave him a small wave as I walked toward him.

"Back already?" he asked, I laughed as I shook my head no.

"I'm uhm..actually here to see Jahseh if he's working today. I don't really know how y'alls scheduling works..." He chuckled and smiled at me again

"I'm sorry little lamb, but he's occupied with a cli- actually, I'm sure he wouldn't mind a little company from you, follow me.." I began to follow him to the back as the other customers burned stares into my eyes as they looked up from their phones.

The once-dark hallway was now lit by the other tattoo artists and their stations, they were all filled and needles were buzzing from left and right. Conversion could be heard from each station and little laughs were exchanged, I realized that most of their clients here were females..like all of them.

I mean they were a pretty attractive group of artists if you're into dark, emo, alt. guys. Even if you weren't, they definitely weren't an ugly bunch. We finally got to Jah's door as it was closed and buzzing could be heard. The doors were made of frosted glass, yet, his was the only one that was closed. I could see from the outside considering it showed the figures of who was in the room that he was in his tattoo stool.

The receptionist knocked on the door and the buzzing then stopped. I could see Jahseh get up from the stool and open the door to see the receptionist. He looked confused until he saw me and slid his way out of the room, careful not to expose his client.

"Got a guest who came to see you." The receptionist said as he smirked at Jahseh.

"Thanks, Craig.." They dapped each other up as the man who was named Craig walked away and back to his station. Jahseh looked at me with a straight face and crossed arms, probably confused or irritated that I was here interrupting his shift.

"Umm...I'm sorry for showing up so abruptly but, I just couldn't stop thinking about you, and I-" The door then opened and Jahseh directed his attention quickly to the door, a lighter-skinned girl with brown eyes and thick light brown curly hair that was in a ponytail stick her head out.

"Babe..what's wrong? Did something happen?" He shook his head no and told her he would be back in a minute.

"Look, I'm uhm, sorry, but I'm pretty busy right now. I get off at around 10 so if you wanna come talk then we definitely can.." I felt a ball in my throat begin to form as the only thing I could do was nod and walk away, I could tell he was staring since I felt it and the sound of his door opening hadn't enlightened my ears just yet.