|30|

(A/n:- Kindly note, the story will proceed from the point where we left off

(A/n:- Kindly note, the story will proceed from the point where we left off. Remember the kiss Jikook shared in Jungkook's book near the boardwalk? Yeah, I know you don't remember that. Anyways, I informed you.)

Jikook fluff ahead~

Both girls fell over the hard-tiled floor with their backs facing it. They scrunched their faces as the pain spread over their back. Maddie rolled over to Abby's side and giggled before laughing out loud.

"Stop laughing! It's not funny." Abby warned as she rubbed her ass.

"Your plan worked! It's not burning anymore. Apart from the impact, I don't feel the burn," Maddie turned into a laughing mess and Abby could only sigh.

"I am sorry," Abby said.

"For?" Maddie wiped the tear, the laughs slowly subsiding.

"For everything-"

"Stop right there! Let's not talk about that now. Okay? I just experienced the worst level of pain in that whirlpool so let's just forget that." Maddie said, standing up with her hands patting off the dust from her red gown.

"You shouldn't have seen that," Abby mumbled.

"Do you remember your past?" Maddie gasped.

"I-" Abby tried to remember but there was a blank space in her head, "I...don't, I don't remember it." She frowned and tried to slap her temples but there wasn't a single memory provoking her insides, "Why the hell don't I remember?" She panicked and stood up to run towards the door before Maddie pulled her by her hands.

"Calm down, you brat! Look at me," Maddie cupped the older's cheeks staring right into her orbs, "We are cupids, Abby. The punishment was nullified. We don't have to remember our pasts anymore. We don't have to suffer all over again, Abby. Now let's focus on bigger pressing matters. Yeah?" She smiled.

"But,"

"Let's fix things before it's too late. Let me fix the things I messed up. Would you help me?" Maddie asked.

"That's a bit of a problem now."

Maddie frowned and slightly tilted her head in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"Look at the clock," Abby point her finger at the wall and Maddie turned in the direction to face the wall.

"Three years have passed. While we were stuck in that hellhole, three years have passed on earth, Maddie. The arrow you shot would have strongly connected Jimin with Jin. I don't think we can interfere now."

Maddie froze in her place as the words settled into her head. Her fingers slightly trembled as the guilt washed all over her. She stumbled back with her hands trying to hold onto some kind of support.

"It's my fault. It's my-my fault," Maddie mumbled as she fell over her knees with tears rolling down her cheeks like rivulets. A desperate cry left her lips as the words circled her head, "I ruined their life. I...did it to them-" A pair of hands sunk under her arms and pulled her, enclosing her into a tight hug with soft words of comfort being said close to her ear.