|28|

(A/n:- A kind note

(A/n:- A kind note. I put too much effort to write every chapter so please don't jump directly to the last chapter that I update. It hurts me to see that the other chapters weren't even opened. Thank you❤️)

(The following two chapters are going to explain the major chunk of questions I asked in previous chapters. So, please don't skip them. Love you)

Maddie slumped over the glass floor with knees folded and ankles stretched. Her hair glistened with a mild blue hue before turning bright red that slowly faded to turn pitch black. A few locks of hair fell over the soulless eyes as her head hung low.

A shrill escaped past her lips as another fresh scar imprinted on her right cheek. It burned the skin under it before leaving a mild stinge as the pain subsided. Her pale chapped lips tried to mumble out a name but went in vain.

She slowly raised her hand and traced a finger over the marks that were carved over her neck.

A soft humorless chuckle left her lips as those scars burnt with double the amount of pain in intervals diving her insanity into deeper grills.

"Let me in!" Abby screamed with tears-filled orbs as she was blocked by a bunch of other cupids.

"You know the rules, Abby. Cupids aren't allowed to interfere when one is being punished-" the lady in the red suit reminded with her fingers flipping the next set of pages over her notepad.

"I don't care! Let me in! It's my fault she is in there. I have to-"

"What are you going to do once you enter? Also, it isn't your fault just so you know. It was the fate-"

"I am keeping my pure words for the fact that we are standing in heaven. Don't let me curse at you and allow me to head in," Abby growled which left a wave of cold pass down through the hands of cupids that held her tight.

"Why are you so hellbound to enter in? Why does it even matter?"

"Because it was my fault! My fault that she is in there," Abby tried to word out but her voice shattered at the end.

The lady sighed and pressed the bridge of her nose to relieve the pressure, "I don't want to get punished by God, Abby. If you are entering in there then it's your free will and against my orders. Don't ever forget that," she ordered the cupids to let go of Abby.

Abby burst into the room the moment she was freed. The huge doors slammed shut all over again the moment Abby stepped in, turning it into a cold dark mess with only a faint dull blue light emitting from the point where Maddie sat all lifeless barely breathing like a human.

She took careful steps towards the younger with the glass floor shimmering with blue light occasionally as her feet touched it.

Abby flinched when Maddie screamed, her neck veins turning prominent, and her eyes were blown wide, the scars over her body turning gruesome dark, burning down the fabric she wore revealing the human skin under them.