Chapter 18

Twitter: @PandieBearMalik

Chapter 18:

Niall POV:

For some sad reason I knew those words were going to come out of Demi’s mouth eventually. Things weren’t working for us. I know I’m a jerk. I was ignoring her for a month all because of this tour. I had plenty of time to call her but I didn’t. This makes me feel pathetic. I actually thought she was the one. Now we have our own separate lives. With separate jobs to live. She will always have a place in my heart but I won’t have one in hers.

It was the night of the tour and I was having a blast with the boys. I had so much energy tonight. I don’t even know how. Here came the twitter questions. “I LOVE YOU GUYS WILL YOU MARRY ME?” “Favourite Shoes?” “What would you do on your last day of Earth?” All these normal questions but then came one that caught my eye. “Niall do you still love Demi?” I was speechless. There were over 25000 people in the arena and I was speechless for the first time I have ever been on tour. “Um. We’re not together anymore..” The whole crowd ‘aww’ ed. And there was a girl that said something “that didn’t answer the question!” She was right. I didn’t answer it.

Louis was looking at me and I knew he wanted me to say it. I couldn’t lie to our directioners but I didn’t want to say I still loved her because this would get out and everyone wouls see especially Demi. “Um well yeah I do. I still do but things didn’t work out”. I started to blush really bad but all I could hear from the audience is ‘aww’ and ‘omg cute’. It wasn’t cute. It was real. Well to me it was. There was nothing cute about it.

We were singing the last song of the night. Our biggest hit ‘What Makes You Beautiful’. This song means so much to me and the boys. It was where we all started. Where we hit number one on iTunes in so many different countries. I did a cute little run during it because I still had heaps of energy. The song finished and we thanked everyone for coming to our show and we went backstage. Zayn grabbed me. “Niall the thing about Demi. Are you okay?” “No, not really. I’ll be fine though” “Mate, if you still love her follow her. Follow your dreams. We will stick by you through anything” “Thanks bro. I’ll figure things out.”

Demi POV:

I dumped him over the phone how rude am I? I still love him and everything I just couldn’t bare of the thought of being hurt again. I knew I hurt him lots, I hurt myself. But it was the right thing to do. Spending my life with my best friends has been amazing. It really has but I do miss Niall. He just has that effect on people. Well on me, he always made me smile. He always laughed at my jokes even if they were lame. He always gave me compliments. I have never met anyone so romantic he could have been the perfect guy. He still could but if I keep thinking about him the more I miss him…

One Direction had a tour in London and all I could think about was him. But instead I decided to sit at home eat ice-cream and scroll through twitter. It was the normal tweets like “I love you Demi” “Please follow me Demi” I love seeing those especially ones that say “You have saved me Demi”. Those kind of tweets mean the world to me. I shared my story to do these things and it’s just amazing how I can save people from self-harming. But then I scrolled through another lot and they were all about Me and Niall I wanted to check this out. There was a video attached.

The video was only short but a girl asked if Niall still loved me. I didn’t know how to react to this. Like do I keep on watching it? Do I stop. I kept on watching it and Niall was unsure. He was blushing, what a cutie. But then he said “Um well yeah I do. I still do but things didn’t work out”. My jaw literally just dropped. I didn’t think he would even say that to me. Let alone 25 000 fans especially some of them do judge on who they are dating. I was surprised. We both still loved each other but I was hurt and it wasn’t working anyway.

I kept scrolling through my timeline and that’s all I could see. This one video. Would Niall know it went all over twitter? But it did. The caption with these videos would be like “omfg diall is real” or “I ship diall so much, omg feels”. Reading these made me tear up. The fact that people actually supported our relationship is a massive confidence boost. He lives in London. I live in New York. Things weren’t ever going to work out. I knew it wouldn’t. I was scrolling through my feed on twitter and a lovatic retweeted one of my old tweets. “@NiallOfficial thank you sweet stuff :)” this tweet was made even before we met. How things can change in a matter of years holy. I just have no words so I’m just going to eat icecream.