Chapter 20

Twitter: @PandieBearMalik

Chapter 20:

Demi POV:

Marissa and Chelle invited me to a party which was held tonight. It was a Saturday. I was free but I really wasn’t in the mood to actually go ‘out’. I was still feeling quite down about the whole Niall thing but to get over this I have to move on and go out. This was the perfect opportunity so I decided to take their offer and tag along to this party.

I saw Hayley, she was one of the waitresses at the party. I really didn’t want to deal with her crap right now. Let’s just catch to the chase, she’s a low life pathetic little bitch and I really don’t want to deal with her. The sad part was she was the only waitress on and I had to end up talking to her. To make it even worse no one else wanted a drink so I had to go the counter by myself. I wasn’t scared of her or anything I just didn’t want to talk to her.

“Hi, could I get a white wine if possible?”

“Um yeah”

We death stared each other but then she went back to get the wine. Funny thing is she took at least five minutes and a glass of wine wouldn’t take that long. She finally came back out and gave me the wine. I took it and started to drink it. I felt really weird. I don’t know what was happening, I started seeing people twice and getting extremely dizzy. Something was in this drink that shouldn’t have been.

I caught a taxi and got home. I walked through my door feeling more dizzy and I couldn’t breathe properly. I had a feeling Hayley put a pill in my drink on purpose that could do some damage to me but I wasn’t sure. I needed to get some help but it was too late. I laid on my bed, I was freezing even though I was sweating uncontrollably. I closed my eyes for a second and before I knew it I was fast asleep.

Niall POV:

Today was my casual Sunday. Sitting on the couch with the boys after a Saturday night. But then my phone started to ring. My lock screen was still of Demi and myself, it’s the only thing I had left of her. I couldn’t let go of her quite yet. I noticed it was my manager that was ringing so I needed to answer. It must be serious if he’s ringing on a Sunday. I didn’t want to pick it up since I had the boys over and I would sound rude. I didn’t want to answer it but it’s management so I got up anyway and answered it.

“Hello?”

“Niall?”

“Yes, that is my name. Don’t wear it out ;)”

“I’m being serious -.- ’’

“Okay. Sorry. What did you want?”

“Um it isn’t about your job anything, it’s about Demi Lovato”

“What? What about her? It shouldn’t impact on my job. We’re not dating.”

“It’s not that. She passed away.. Turn on the news now for more information”

A tear slid down my face, I wanted to bawl. I turned the news on.

“Famous Disney Star /Singer Demi Lovato passed away this morning in her sleep” the news reporter read. I could not watch any longer, she’s dead. Like how, what, why could this happen. She broke it off and we haven’t talked since. I started to bawl and I couldn’t cope with it.

The boys looked at me and they rapidly stopped what they were doing and looked at me.

Harry started to speak. I could hear the croaky voice which I could not explain.

“N-N-Niall I’m so so so sorry. Demi was an amazing girl. I don’t know what to say..”

“Neither do I. Sorry guys. I keep crying..”

“You are allowed to cry. We are crying.” Liam said.

“Thanks boys. I just don’t know what to do, you know.”

“Just always remember we love and care about you and we always will” Zayn said with a tear.

“Yeah what all the boys said was true, we are always here. Forever and ever” Louis said.

“This means a lot to me, I’m so lucky to have best friends like you, could not ask for anyone else but you four”.

The boys quickly got up and gave me a hug. It was a group hug to be exact. As much as I loved them doing this it wouldn’t bring back Demi. I can’t believe I’m saying those words. Nothing in the world, nothing can explain what I’m feeling right now. The fact that I didn’t chase or follow her when I could have had the chance devastates me. I literally cannot put into words the feeling of having the love of your life dead. There is nothing at all to explain this situation. It is so horrible and I really don’t know what to do.