~15~

"Don't we have a plan?" Rafe asked. We looked at him confused. "Go in, get the cross, get out?"

"I forgot, kooks don't use their brains." JJ sighed. Rafe glared at him. "We obviously can't all stick together, it'd be way too easy to spot us."

"The house is basically like Singh's but a little more secure." Rafe said, leaning back into his chair.

"Okay, bigger terrain, smaller groups." John B added.

"Ye. It'd help us ta cover more ground, you know man?" Cleo told us. We all nodded.

"No offense, but I think we already know who's going to be paired up together." John B said. I looked at Rafe and grinned. He smiled back at me slightly.

"Okay, soo... four pairs, four points– back, front, left, right." Rafe said. He raised an eyebrow. "So who wants which point?"

"Front." John B pointed at him and Sarah. "Left." He pointed at Pope and Cleo. "Back." He said, pointing to me and Rafe. "Right." He pointed to Kie and JJ. Everyone agreed.

"Rafe, get your truck and let's go!" Pope said, excitedly. Rafe stood up aggressively and rushed to grab his keys.

Then we all eventually went outside into Rafe's truck. Some of us had to sit in the cargo bed of the truck, but they didn't mind. Rafe parked his truck about a mile away from where he said the house was. We were at an intersection.

"Okay this is where we split." Rafe said. "Pope, Cleo, come with me and Y/N. JJ, Kiara, go with John B and Sarah. The house is unmissable. It has tall walls around it and looks very... how should I put this... kook-like." They nodded and started jogging away.

"Meet you inside!" Pope yelled to them as they ran. I, personally, didn't think we had planned this out too well, but that's okay. We ran diagonally through the forest so we'd see it and get there much faster. After like 10 minutes of jogging and walking, we had eyes on it.

"You guys follow the wall to the left side." Rafe told Pope and Cleo. They nodded.

"Catch you two later!" Cleo called out to us quietly as they snuck across the wall.

Rafe looked at me tensley. "You ready?"

I nodded at him. We snuck over to the wall. He put his hand out for me to step on, then he left me up onto the wall, I jumped down in the tall grass quickly. Then he pulled himself up and did the same. We stayed down in the grass and examined our terrain. The house was certainly huge. There was tall grass everywhere, and so many men with guns.

"How are we going to do this?" I asked him in a whisper. "Rafe-"

"Give me a damn second." He said, thinking. "Okay-"

He was cut off by the sound of a gunshot and dogs barking. The men started running in that direction. "Nevermind, just book it!" He yelled, grabbing my hand and pulling me up as he started sprinting. He eventually let go and I followed closely behind him. We ran to the back door, but it was locked.

"Shit." He grunted, grabbing a pocket knife out of his back pocket and squatted down. He seemed to have a paper clip on the casing. I watched as he started to pick the lock, until one of the loose dogs turned from the left side of the building and looked at us. All I could think about was Pope and Cleo. They took the right side. The dog started barking and sprinting toward us.

"Rafe, hurry up!" I yelled. He then got angry with me.

"Shut the fuck up!" He yelled at me, frustrated. The dog got closer and closer. I was really panicked. Then he managed to pick the lock. He opened the door and jumped inside, I tried to follow him, but the dog snagged my arm. I screamed. It hurt excruciatingly bad. Rafe ran quickly to my side, stumbling a few times. Then he kicked the dog in the face. It fell back and whimpered itself unconscious.

Rafe shut the door and relocked it. Then he carried me through a door under the stairs. It was just a storage closet. He set me down gently. "Okay... uh..." He started. "C'mon think, Rafe, think." I watched him mutter to himself with his hands on his head. Then he stopped and got down on his knees next to me.

"Listen... I know that shit hurts like hell, but I need you to stay strong." Rafe told me comfortingly. As he quickly bit onto the shoulder of his shirt and ripped the sleeve off with his other hand. Then he wrapped it around my arm and tied it. It hurt, and I was about to scream. He seemed to notice because he kissed me as I was about to let out a sound. "I need you to stay here and just.. wait.. and be quiet."

But I wanted to help him. "But Rafe..." I called to him. He looked back at me from the door. He shook his head and left. I was having a panic attack and him leaving made it so much worse. Now I was alone in the storage room. It was practically pitch black with only a few cracks in the stairs, letting in a small amount of light. I felt dizzy, and everything went black.

(Short chapter but the next one's going to be long and in 3rd person ;))