ƤƛƦƛƁƛƬƛƖ ԼƠƧƬ

Same Night

Institute – Alec’s Room

Alec was lying on his bed, in a comatose state with Magnus, Izzy and Alyssa all standing there, looking worried.
Alyssa had recovered slightly from what had happened earlier. Magnus was trying to use his magic to bring Alec back but nothing was working. Alec was mumbling softly.

“It’s not working.” Izzy said. Magnus pulled back his magic.

“I’m sorry, Isabelle.” He tried his magic again. “Parabatai bonds are like a tether that binds two souls.” Izzy took Alec’s hand in her hands. “Jace and Alec share emotions, instincts, strength. It’s an angelic bond, much like Alyssa’s soul bond with Jace. My magic can only do so much.”

“So, Jace is like this too?” Izzy asked. Magnus pulled back his magic again.

“No, otherwise, Alec wouldn’t be the only one in bed in a comatose state. I’d be the same way.” Alyssa answered. “You see, when Alec called out to Jace, the part of his soul that did so never returned. So now, he’s stuck, lost somewhere between himself and his parabatai. Basically, right now, he’s in limbo.” Magnus nodded along, agreeing with what she was saying as he activated his magic again.

“But if Jace brought back that missing piece of his soul…” Izzy trailed off.

“We may very well have the cure.” Magnus confirmed.

“But whatever that we’re gonna do, we need to do it quickly. Not only could we lose Alec, but Jace isn’t doing well either. He’s been weakened. I can feel that much. If we don’t hurry, we might lose them both.” Alyssa said, the worry in her eyes becoming more evident.

“Actually, we might lose the three of you, Alyssa. Remember, if Jace dies, you die too.” Magnus said, a concerned look in his eyes which Izzy mirrored.

“Stay with Alec.” Izzy said to both of them, standing up. “I’ll go find Jace.” She then walked out of the room, leaving.

Magnus and Alyssa stayed, watching over Alec, Magnus using his magic time to time to try and help. While it wasn’t waking him up, it was keeping him from going under, just enough to keep him alive.
A knock sounded on the door, drawing both their attentions from Alec as they heard Jocelyn’s voice from the other side.

“Isabelle? Clary’s back.” Alyssa rolled her eyes as Magnus went to open the door with an angry expression on his face.

“Oh, great. Clary’s safe. We can all go home now.” He said sarcastically then went to close the door in her face but Jocelyn pushed back to stop him.

“Whoa. Wait, Magnus. How’s Alec? Is he gonna be okay?” She asked. Alyssa scoffed from where she stood.

“Like you care.”

“Do you remember the first thing I said to you when you brought a frightened five-year old girl to my door?” Magnus asked.

“You didn’t wanna get involved in Shadowhunter business.”

“And I should have stuck to my guns. But no, I let you convince me. How many years of memory wipes was it?”

“Twelve. Look, I owe you. Let me help you with Alec.”

“There’s nothing you can do, Jocelyn. Besides, I think you’ve done enough.” Alyssa said coldly, stepping towards Jocelyn, making her back away while Magnus returned to stand by Alec.

“I was only trying to find-”

“You were only trying to do what you always do, what you do best. Manipulate people into helping fix your problems, problems that you created in the first place. You always start a mess, then you pull in people to help you fix the mess and in the process you leave them hanging and to deal with the consequences of the mess you created. And this time, Alec’s the one paying the price for it.” Alyssa said.