ƓƲƖԼƬƳ ƁԼƠƠƊ

Night...

The Institute - Jace's Room

Alyssa lay in bed, sleeping but it seemed her rest was being disturbed yet again. She hadn't been able to sleep properly for the last three months, worrying those around her as they could see she was not well. She was thrashing in her sleep, mumbling incoherently, her brow and body covered in sweat.

Her eyes suddenly opened and she woke from her sleep, sitting up and called a name, breaking the silence in the room.

"Jace." Her eyes darted around briefly, taking in her surroundings. Realizing where she was, she sighed, moving back to lean against the headboard and pushed her hair, which had been dampened by the sweat, out of her face. She brought her knees up and rested her arms atop them, leaning her head back against the wall and closing her eyes. She remained like that for a few moments then let out a sigh, opening her eyes and getting out of the bed.

Main Room

Izzy, Magnus and Lydia entered the ops center, Alec joining them a moment later.

"Any word from the Clave?" Izzy asked Lydia.

"Not yet and we've been trying for the past four hours. Something's up." Lydia said.

"Hmm, the Clave being unhelpful? Who's shocked? Show of hands." Magnus said sarcastically, holding one of Jace's shirts. The four of them came to a stop and surrounding a table.

"I'm worried. I can't sense Jace through our parabatai bond." Alec said, his face full of concern. "Alyssa said she can't sense him either."

"That can't be good. She must be going out of her mind." Lydia said, worried for the older Fairchild girl.

"We'll find him, Alexander." Magnus said, trying to assure him.

"When we arrested Hodge, he said Valentine was on a ship. They must still be over water." Izzy said.

"Pull up the waterway around New York." Lydia instructed. Izzy did as asked, pulling up a 3D hologram of New York while Magnus tried to use his magic to track Jace.

"The ship couldn't have gone too far." Izzy said. Alec looked to Magnus.

"Anything?" He asked. Magnus shook his head.

"Sorry."

"There's got to be something!" Alec said, his voice rising slightly as he began to breathe heavily in panic.

"I don't see him." Magnus said calmly with a sigh.

"All right, listen up!" Alec stepped away from them and shouted, catching the attention of all the Shadowhunters around. "I want 24/7 monitoring of the Hudson and East Rivers. If you see anything unusual, you come to me first."

"I've got this, Alec." Lydia said to him, trying to calm him down.

"Then why haven't you found Jace yet?" Alec snapped at her.

"Don't forget who you're talking to. I'm still the head of this Institute." Lydia said firmly, glaring at Alec.

"And my brother is still missing." Alec shot back.

"Alec." They all turned to see Alyssa walking over. "Calm down." She said, walking up to him.

"Why don't you just take a break?" Izzy said softly to her brother.

"Not now, Izzy." Alec huffed.

"Alec, cool it. You're working yourself up. Izzy's right. You should take a break." Alyssa said.

"And it's not a request." Lydia added in, giving him a stern look. "You're dismissed." Alec glares down at her.

"Fine!" He said then goes to storm off. Magnus catches his arm to stop him.