When We Met: Day 6

April 30, 2018
"Hey Riri!" I greeted him.
"Hi!" He greeted back.
Today, we were going to roam around the streets to just enjoy the setting.
I really wanted to have fun today so I tried my best to push back that foreboding feeling of emptiness once I leave Japan.
The first store we saw was a cute little souvenir shop so we bought each other matching bracelets.
The next one was a takoyaki store so we bought some as well.
The next place we went to was a nearby shrine so we climbed up a very long staircase and when we reached the top, the shrine was breath-takingly beautiful with the forest in the background.
There were some people praying so we decided to do the same.
After visiting the shrine, we stopped at the top of the staircase.
The view of the area was beautiful just like an animé.
We took pictures then climbed back down the staircase.

*A few hours later*
It was already the end of the day and the sun was setting so we decided to watch the sunset.
Before he left, I grabbed his left arm and pulled him in for a tight hug and thanked him for the wonderful we had.
"Riki."
"Yeah?"
"I'm sorry."
"Why are you sorry?" He asked.
"I'm sorry but I don't think we'll work." I told him as tears started to well up on my eyes.
"Why?" He asked in a worried and nervous tone.
"I'm leaving Japan tomorrow and we're going back home." I explained.
"Wait, I'm sure we can do something." He started to panic.
"Riki, I don't think I'll be returning to Japan anytime soon." I told him.
"So what, is this the end?" He asked.
"I don't want to end it but I guess so." I said.
"How about this?"
"We make a promise to never forget each other and we'll find each other in the future and then we'll fix whatever this is." He suggested an idea.
'It's the only other way.' I pondered.
"Alright, let's do it!" I tried to sound cheerful behind my tear-stained face.

Hi! It's me,
The special flashback chapters are about toncome to an end and we're about to return to the main/ present storyline. These poor kids are about to be torn apart but thankfully they'll be reunited in the future.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Thank you so much for reading!
I'll see you all in day 7, bye!
-ScarletWitch1507
Word count: 421 words