Chapter VII - PAIN

Eddie looked at you, his gloved hand on his chest. "Y/N, you don't understand! You don't understand just how much of a brute this man is! He can't kill you properly!" he said desperately.

So? I don't want to die.

"I read through his profile already," you said.
"Then why choose him to kill you over me!? I'm giving you a peaceful place to rest, whereas Zack would cut you up with no remorse! He's so dumb he can't even kill people right!" he yelled. 

"Huh? Dead is dead, you smug bastard!" Zack said. 

"You're stupid, that's what makes you so angry!" Eddie yelled. "You're the one who's getting all worked up for no damn reason! You just wanna bury people, so what the hell are you so pissed off about!?" Zack retorted.

"Oh, now you're getting nasty!" Eddie said. "And so what if I am, kid!? What'cha gonna do to me!? Kill me!? I'd like to see you try!" Zack shouted.

"JUST BE QUIET! " Eddie yelled. "Y/N, answer me truthfully. Not how he feels, that brute, you. Just tell me; who do you truly want to kill you?" Eddie asked. 

"That's the problem here, Eddie; I don't want to die! I ain't some suicidal bitch. You can ramble on and on about how you want me to rest peacefully, but I couldn't care less about how I'm going to die!" you said.

 Eddie froze, almost dropping his shovel.
"If anyone's going to kill me, it's going to be Zack, okay? Nobody else in here. Not Danny, not you, or me. Zack will kill me if I've to choose," you said. 

"Hah! Guess you're the loser, shorty!" Zack said.

"I-It's not fair, you can't do that—"
"Ooh what was that!? Can't hear you over all this victory—"

"It's not fair, you don't get to decide! " Eddie yelled, sniffling. You widened your eyes. He was...crying?

"Y/N, I wanted you to be able to die properly—to be ready to perish, so that you'd rest peacefully. But you know...? A grave is cool, quiet, and comfortable," Eddie began, walking slowly.

Zack narrowed his eyes, glaring at the significantly shorter boy. In less than a frame of a second, the kid jumped, aiming to hit your head with his shovel. 

"...Here I am in charge of B4. I put to rest those who come here. So seeing as you've arrived, let me put you in a grave!" he yelled. 

Zack pushed you out of the way, raising his scythe to block the hit.

"Jesus, fuck off already! Can't you tell she doesn't want you to kill her!?" Zack said frustratedly. "And don't even say I can't kill her right; killing her with a scythe that's bloodied or a clean shovel are the same! Killing is killing all the same, there's no damn difference!" he yelled.

"Don't you dare compare me to you, you damn brute! Shut up!" Eddie said, pointing his shovel at Zack. Suddenly, the lights flickered again.

"It doesn't matter though. No matter how strong or agile you are, it's all pointless if you can't see who you're fighting, is it?" the boy said, as he vanished in the dark.

Frustratedly, Zack swung his scythe to try and find Eddie, almost hitting you. "Hey! Watch where you're swinging that thing!" Eddie yelled. "Shut up, brat!" Zack spat.

"Listen up, N/N. Go find the switch or system or whatever the hell is messing with these lights. We're blind without them, unlike that damn kid. There's probably a switch and there better damn be one," Zack said. 

"On it," you muttered.

You were a bit used to the darkness, so you could see partially. You could at least see a bit of Eddie's shadow.

Still, you hesitated to look. You had to keep running. If you didn't set the lights back on, Zack would just keep fighting blindly. It wouldn't be a fair fight.

You ran up some stairs, following up to an area that had grass and a main grave. Was this what Eddie had prepared for me? Or maybe for Rachel..? 

Right now you couldn't care.

You looked around and seemingly barely dodged as Eddie tried to hit you with his shovel. You took out a gun and shot the air, an unbearable noise filling the air. 

Eddie seemed to struggle, him trying to cover his ears. Or well, where his ears would be, if it wasn't for his mask.

"It hurts...!" he said, as he tried to cover his ears. "This is gonna hurt more, then," you said, as you took up Eddie by the collar and pushed him into the gap where the grave's space was.

You took the opportunity of the shock and you took a remote that the boy carried. You were able to switch on the lights, and you looked back at the boy.

"Y/N..? Why?" he said, light flowing through the mask, as his emerald eye grew visible, tears flowing through them.

"...I'm sorry kid. But you can't kill me. Not you. I'm sorry," you said.
"Why not...me...?" the boy said. You opened your mouth to answer, but were soon interrupted as you heard maniacal laughter.

"Well, well, well, kid! SEEMS YOU FINALLY GOT THE POINT! "