Not past tense - F

Warnings: none :)

Y/N POV

You and Florence had been friends for as long as you could remember. You were in the same theatre group back in Oxford before she moved away and made it big. To say you were so proud of her would be an understatement. Everywhere she went and everything she did, you were her number 1 fan. People knew your face from Florence's instagram and being pictured together when she was home or if you flew out to meet her wherever she was in the world.

You are in the film industry but as a set designer. You've created sets for big films in the industry but you prefer to keep your face off screen.

This weekend Florence had been asked to speak at an awards show at a film festival. Of course she accepted but on the premise that you would join her as her plus one. She of course would go by herself, but having you there brought her comfort and lessened her anxiety. You couldn't say no to her pouty lip and big eyes on FaceTime 3 weeks ago.

————-

The evening rolled around faster than expected. You and Florence were now both being pulled in every direction for hair, makeup and outfit fittings. Florence looked absolutely breathtaking as usual. You stepped out into the room and Florence's jaw hit the floor, "y/n you look AMAZING". You blushed under her intense gaze raking over your body, head to toe. "Thank you Flossie" you giggled as she smirked at the nickname you had given her all those years ago when you two had met.

"Lets get this show on the road, shall we?" She asked as she held out her arm for you to hold on to. You silently accepted as you wrapped your hand around her bicep and fell into step with her.

————

The evening was fantastic. So many talented people in the one place, it was like a breath of fresh air. Your favourite part about the evening was obviously Florence's speech. She spoke about people breaking through in the industry and how much she has learned from many different people and the experience's that she has had through the years of acting. You sat in awe listening to her, she is so well spoken and still the same modest and appreciative person she was when you met her at 17.

You're now dancing away at the afterparty and Florence is chatting to absolutely everyone. You're standing with her, adding into conversation here and there but feeling a little out of place as you haven't experienced being on screen before.

"Oh my god, Florence!!" You hear a voice from beside you squeal. Florence turns around and literally starts vibrating with excitement. "Scarlett!! My god, I have missed you!" Florence shouts as she throws her arms around the blonde woman infront of her.

Scarlett. Fucking. Johansson. What the fuck. You stand there, mouth gaped in complete shock. Florence pulls your hand so you're standing with her and you look like a deer in headlights. "Scar, this is my girl, y/n" Florence says as she wraps her arm around you. "It's so lovely to finally meet you" Scarlett says, pulling you into a hug. "Wow, you too, I'm a huge fan" you say, still awestruck. "You're so kind" she replies pulling away. She turns to Florence "so.. 'my girl' aye, did you finally grow a pair and ask her out?"

What? The room seems to stop moving. Florence's face looks like she has just seen a fucking ghost. You are both at a complete loss of words. Scarlett seems to catch on that she has let information slip that shouldn't have been. "Oh god, Flo I'm so sorry" she starts but I think Florence is still malfunctioning. You grab her hand to snap her out of whatever whirlwind was going on inside her head. "It's okay Scar, it's fine" Florence not so convincingly says. Just as Scarlett is about to speak again, she is pulled away by someone but she sends a sympathetic smile her way.

"Flo?" You turn to her. Florence refuses to meet your eyes, hers darting around the room. Looking for an out. You know this look, this look is the beginning of a spiralled panic. You take her hand and move through the crowd out the nearest exit. You come to the door and are hit with a wave of cold air.

"I- I'm sorry you found out like that. I wasn't going to tell you, I swear I don't want our friendship to be ruined" Florence stutters out. You grab her shoulders and force her to meet your gaze "Flo it's okay" you smile "you haven't ruined anything". Her face contorts as wheels start spinning in her head. "You liked me?" You question carefully to not send her into a complete spiral. "Like you. Not past tense." She whispers out. You feel like you're genuinely about to combust. You have been absolutely enamoured by the girl standing infront of you for the longest time and now you come to find that she feels the same. "Florence" you start. "No y/n, it's okay, I'm sorry you found out, I wish you didn't because I didn't want a single thing to change about our rela-" she is cut off by you kissing her.

Your hands move to the side of her neck, cradling her jaw. Hers move to wrap around your wrists. The kiss is filled with more emotion than you could ever muster up to express with words. Lips dancing perfectly together as if you were made for one another. You pull back from the kiss only when lack of air becomes a problem. Resting your forehead on hers, you catch your breath. "I love you Florence, for the longest time I have been absolutely enamoured by you and everything that you are. I never said anything because I never wanted to ruin our friendship" you confess. Florence looks up at you with her emerald eyes and you feel paralysed under her gaze. You could spend the rest of your life like this and you'd consider it a life well lived.

"I love you y/n, I always have. Everything about you I am absolutely infatuated by. You are my best friend, and I can't lose that, but I think we're too far gone to go back now. I only want to share my successes with you, come home to you, kiss you whenever I can. That's what I want with you. You're my best friend but I'm also so painfully in love with you, please don't make me spend another day only being someone platonic in your life" she says with so much desperation. You don't even reply, you just kiss her. You kiss her hard. Everything you've wanted to say is spoken through the kiss and you know that she knows. You pull away and wrap your arms so tightly around her. You bury your face in her neck.

"You were never just someone platonic in my life, Flo"

A/N: lolllll idek what this is tbh, i hope you enjoy it anyways ☺️