𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, friend or foe

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR. . .
. . .FRIEND OR FOE !

┄﹒DENJI WOKE UP IN A SWEAT FROM HIS REOCCURRING DREAM, ONE THAT SEEMED TO WARN HIM EACH NIGHT ABOUT A DOOR

┄﹒DENJI WOKE UP IN A SWEAT FROM HIS REOCCURRING DREAM, ONE THAT SEEMED TO WARN HIM EACH NIGHT ABOUT A DOOR. it was as if that was the only thing he could dream about and he was starting to hate it.

he sat up in bed to see nyako sitting there in front of him, meowing twice.

"nyako..." denji addressed the cat as if it could talk, "i had that same dream again."

the blond soon got up from bed and walked out the bedroom, taking a seat at the table where food was already waiting. still slightly warm so it wasn't there for long.

"nyako's a traitor..." power held onto her cat, who was trying to lick her face. "not only did she sleep in denji's bed while i was gone, but she keeps doing it after i came back. betrayal is one of the stupidest things that humans do..."

erity giggled quietly at power's words about the cat, also taking a seat next to denji. "she'll start sleeping with you again, power. just give her some time?" power only huffed in response, which made erity sigh. "are you okay, denj?"

she was concerned about the boy who hadn't said a word to anyone yet, it was strange for him to be silent. erity wasn't aware of the impact reze left on him.

༺♰༻

"i've been working hard for so long that i've received paid leave. i'm going to enoshima. would you all like to come along?" makima stood in front of the four of them, a happy look on her face for once.

denji was the most excited out of all of them— the boy jumping up and down with the biggest smile they have ever seen, probably. "hell yeah!"

"yes." aki spoke for both him and erity.

makima looked at the blood fiend next, as she was the only one who hadn't answered yet. power blankly stared at the older woman, "i have something urgent that day..."

"i haven't even told you the date yet, power." makima shook her head subtly and looked up at aki, "i'll match it to hayakawa's schedule, so let me know when you're on break."

"i don't use my leave time, so whenever is fine..." aki looked down at makima, ignoring the hyper denji moving constantly next to him.

erity looked at him with a smile, "you seem happier than this morning!" she clapped her hands together happily. "would this be your first trip?"

"ya!" denji put his hands behind her head, a visible flush on his face. "and it's a vacation with makima... it's like a dream come true! this is definitely one of my top 10 moments in life!"