𝐓𝐄𝐍, double promise

( X.  double promise )

    denji felt poking on his cheek which dragged him out of his peaceful sleep, and slowly he recognized the person trying to wake him up by voice; himeno

he yawned aloud and stretched his arms up towards the ceiling, taking notice that the spot that erity once occupied was empty. it felt cold too.

"nf... can we leave the eighth floor now?" he groggily asked the older woman, still half asleep.

"hate to disappoint, but it looks like we're still stuck." himeno began to say, "while you were sleeping, we learned we can use water and electricity. as far as food goes, there was a little bit in the luggage the hotel guests left behind when they ran.. to be honest with you, everybody's getting pretty worn down."

she took a pause before continuing the rest, clearing her throat before talking once more. "aki's been hunting for the devil nonstop. i've been trying to get him to take a break, but he won't listen. arai was helping aki at first... but now he's freaking out. he shut himself up in a room and won't come out. kobeni lost it and tried to drink from a toilet, so i knocked her out. and then there's the last two."

"power and erity? what about them?"

    himeno led denji to the room where power and erity were, letting him enter first to see the two very different things that went on.

power, who laid on the bed with a wide smile on her face and mumbling to herself since she figured that erity wasn't listening.

and then erity.. the girl sat down on the opposite bed of power and just stared at the wall with a blank look on her face. denji could see that her lips were moving as if she were saying something, but he could hear nothing coming out, it was a strange sight to see from the girl.

the blood fiend noticed that the two had entered the room and were looking back and forth between the two girls. the smile never disappeared from her face.

"i'm bored and eri isn't saying anything, so i was thinking up a nobel prize winning invention! if i win a nobel prize, humans will grovel before me! and then i'll use my nobel prize as a stepping stone to become prime minister! i want to watch humans suffer... so my first act as prime minister will be to implement a 100% sales tax!" power continued to go on with her speech about being prime minster, waving her left arm in the air.

denji looked at himeno, "she seems the same as always to me." he gestured to power but turned his head to erity, "eri though... she's a different story."

"oh?" himeno's mouth gaped open slightly and watched denji walk over to the blue haired girl, taking a seat next to her.

"eri...?" he softly asked the girl and watched as she just sat still, not moving an inch. "erity? you there?" he hit his shoulder against hers this time to get her attention.