𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄, the country mouse

( XXI. the country mouse )

    denji suddenly awoke in a panicked sweat

denji suddenly awoke in a panicked sweat. he didn't realize that erity was laid there on his outstretched arm, quickly sitting up and knocking the girl's head off his arm in the process.

he held a hand to his face and breathed out heavily, waking up two of the other three people in the room.

erity groaned due to the now pounding headache forming, all thanks to denji. "...what the hell?" her voice came out groggy.

power was the other one who woke up, wiping her eyes from the few tears that escaped while yawning. "what? you're too loud?"

the blond boy removed his hand, glancing at erity before switching over to power, "haa... some kind of nightmare..." he gave power a strange look after seeing more horns on her head. "huh... is this another dream?"

power gave him an offended look, "what are you babbling about?!" she launched her fist at the boy, the power of her punch sending him up to the ceiling. she looked at her fist in awe. "what's this power?!"

denji fell back to the ground, clutching his stomach in pure agony. "it... isn't... a dream..."

as a result of the crashing sound, aki had also woke up. looking at the trio with an annoyed look, furrowing his brows. "what the fuck?"

༺♰༻

    makima had denji, erity, and power inside her office while she inspected the blood fiend and her new look. she curiously looked over power, touching her horns as she pleased.

"the horns..." makima ran a finger down one of the horns, "you drank too much blood, didn't you power? did you drink a lot during the battle with those zombies? you need to be sure to drain the blood."

erity and denji stared at makima and power, unsure of what to do. the girl leaning against denji with a bored look, she wasn't even sure why she was there. she had nothing to do with power or the whole zombie fight, and so she probably figured that aki needed a break. maybe.

"yes, ma'am."

"drain the blood?"

makima continued, "power here has her blood drained periodically. if we didn't do that, she'd become an even scarier and more arrogant devil than she already is." she looked over at denji, "so, do you mind if i borrow her for a bit, denji?"

he smiled when noticing her eyes on him, even more when she said his name. "sure, take her for as long as you need." power's expression was purely petrified once hearing that denji agreed.