𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, cold feet

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
cold feet

┄﹒ERITY STARED AT HER REFLECTION INTENTLY, HER HANDS GRIPPING AT THE SINK

┄﹒ERITY STARED AT HER REFLECTION INTENTLY, HER HANDS GRIPPING AT THE SINK. Her eyes searched in the mirror for something, anything.

"Is something wrong with you?" Zankoku asked her suddenly, his appearance causing her to jump slightly.

"I..." She looked down at the inside of the sink, letting her head hang for a moment as she kept her thoughts from going rampant. "I have a feelings of the future, that... I don't know."

"How don't you know?"

"Would you let something bad happen to me?"

"Not intentionally, no."  The devil responded back to the girl. "Why."

She didn't reply back to the devil, instead she only let out long awaited sigh. Her hold on the edges of the sink was no more as she let her arms fall loosely to her sides.

With reluctance, she walked out of the restroom and back to the table where Aki and Kishibe sat, having small talk while she was gone.

Silently she sat back down in her seat at the end of the table and looked at Meowy who sat in the cage at her feet. "Did I miss anything important?" She politely asked as she paid attention to the men now.

Aki shook his head, "Not really. I was just telling how Denji and Power have improved."

"Ah," The noise of acknowledgment left her mouth and her head nodding in agreement. "I can also agree to that, they've gotten better over the last few months!"

"And you're not just saying that due to your clear bias?" Kishibe looked to the younger girl with a knowing look, his tired eyes boring into hers.

"No, sir."

Silence took over the table of three, until Aki straightened his posture though his eyes remained locked on the table top; "Captain Kishibe." He addressed his superior. "The upcoming expedition to eliminate the Gun Devil... Can Division 4 withdraw from it?"

The question came as a surprise to the quiet girl, her eyes looking in the direction of her caretaker. Her eyes had widened by a small amount, her brows raised slightly.

"Aki..." Erity wanted to breathe out, staring at the boy.

Kishibe let out a breath, leaning forward with his hands folding on-top of the table. "Now i'm surprised." He started off, though his expression remained still. "I thought you'd be eager for this operation out of everyone in public safety. The spots that belonged to the agents killed by Santa will be filled by others."