𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, sloppy first kiss

( XVI.  sloppy first kiss )

    "a newbie welcoming party, so all of you new guys stand up and introduce yourselves! tell us your name, age, and what devil you contracted with!"

aki deadpanned, "don't go talking about the devil you contracted with in a public place. you only share that kind of thing with people you trust."

denji looked around the table with a smile, though his expression faltered for a moment once he saw that erity and makima were the only missing ones. "i'm denji! and i'm 16, if i remember right! my hobbies are...eating and sleeping."

hearing about his age had caused a surprised reaction out of a few of them, responding to himeno about him having tea instead of beer.

"i'm arai hirokazu!" arai loudly announced from his seat, "i'm 22! the devil i'm contracted with is the fox devil! my hobby is making haikus!"

denji was confused once hearing about his fox devil contract, "isn't that the same one haya-guy contracted with?"

"the fox devil is on good terms with humans, so it has contracted with lots of devil hunters." aki explained to the blond boy, clearing his confusion.

kobeni stood up from her seat and stood timidly with her hands clenching the front of her dress. "my name's higashiyama kobebi. i'm 20 years old... the devil i'm contracted with is... a secret... my hobby is eating delicious stuff."

the conversation had carried on after kobeni's introduction and everyone got along pretty well. drinks and food littered the top of the table, creating a huge mess to clean up later.

"today, i... i'm gonna get my first kiss...!" denji muttered louder than what he realized, not hearing the upcoming footsteps from behind him.

"a kiss?" makima's smooth voice asked denji, bringing him out of whatever fantasy he was stuck in.

the boy turned around to see that makima had actually arrived, and surprisingly erity was with the older woman. though she didn't look too excited to be there, her mood was definitely different than usual.

"erity...!"

the pair who arrived late situated themselves before finally taking their seats, and to denji's disappointment, erity had sat farther away from him. sitting between aki and makima.

someone else took notice to erity, "are you also new?" to which the girl nodded in response, "great, go ahead and introduce yourself. name, age, devil, and hobbies..."