𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, from the shadows you call my name

( XIV. from the shadows
you call my name; part one )

    a small girl sat in a chair inside the office of the school with her head lowered and hands fidgeting in her lap nervously

    a small girl sat in a chair inside the office of the school with her head lowered and hands fidgeting in her lap nervously. not a sound had been made from the girl since she first took her seat once directed by her mother.

the principal had called for a meeting with her parents and she was only allowed to sit inside the office, not allowed to leave the area or else she'd be in trouble, and that was enough to keep the quiet girl in her seat.

her blue bangs had covered her face from anyone who tried to peek at discreetly, failing instantly once they saw the bangs.

the girl wasn't even sure on why her parents had to be called in or why she couldn't return to class with her teacher who had dropped her off. her grey eyes gazed towards her school bag that occupied the chair to her left, noticing how the bag looked fuller than usual.

"-erity." the girl looked up almost instantly once she heard her name be called, noticing how her parents and principal stood there, looking down at her. "grab your bag, we're leaving."

her mother's tone was strict and the young girl knew that she wasn't in a good mood just her tone of voice and the look in her eyes.

erity quickly did as she was told and grabbed the bag with a silent huff escaping her lips, not expecting the sudden weight of the bag.

"thank you again for stopping by so quickly," the principal bowed her head at the parents of the young girl with a small smile, looking down at the girl again with a small wave. "goodbye miss kimura."

"let's get going." her father pushed against the bag that rested on erity's bag, giving her a slight shove. "follow your mother."

"why am i leaving school? i still have class?" the girl tilted her head innocently as she gripped the straps of the bag, just wanting to stop in place and run back inside the school.

her mother cleared her throat before turning to face her daughter, even crouching down to eye level so she could properly look at her daughter. "you're no longer going to this school. they kicked you out due to concerns for your... wellbeing."

erity was definitely confused by her words and what she had meant by wellbeing; but tears welled up in her eyes, nonetheless, once hearing that she had been kicked out. it was too much information for her small brain to possibly process and all at the age of 7.

"let's go now, erity."

erity sat alone inside her room surrounded by a small amount toys that created a mess inside the room, though she knew not to create messes she didn't bother to clean them up. her parents wouldn't be home until late at night anyways.