ELEVEN

LOCKWOOD
35 portland row

"Morning." I sat down on the edge of the bed, a cup of tea in my hands for the girl. I decided to leave Leighton to sleep in rather than waking her with the others. She needed the rest.

The blonde slowly sat up, the shirt sliding down her shoulder and her hair a mess as she took the cup with a sleepy smile.

She looked so perfect.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked softly, placing my hand down on the bed beside her.

"Good." Leighton nodded, placing the cup down on the side. "How long have you been awake?"

I chuckled, wondering how she would feel if she knew that she missed out on mine, George and Lucy's breakthrough with Annabel.

"A while." I responded honestly. We had looked deeply into the hallmarks of the ring, figuring out that it related to a scene.

Admittedly, it made no sense to me, but George and Lucy seemed to understand. I had also had a letter through stating that we needed supervision on our missions. But all the bad news could wait. For a little while anyway.

"You should've woke me." Leighton hummed, running her hand through her hair, only for it to fall back to its original place.

"We've got places to be, get dressed and meet us downstairs." I instructed. Leighton nodded, jumping out of bed.

I allowed my eyes to flicker down to her exposed legs. She looked so good in my shirt. I stood up too, I desperately wanted to reach out for her, pull her into my chest and-

"Thank you for letting me sleep in the bed." Leighton paused. "I'll sleep on the sofa tonight."

I shook my head, wetting my bottom lip. Not on my watch.

"We can share a bed, Leigh. We're not gonna kill each other." I chuckled, chewing the inside of my cheeks. I'm sure that like me, that's not what she was worried about. "I'll see you downstairs."

I glanced to the room across the hallway on my way out. I softly smiled at the memories, wishing things could go back to how they used to be.

"So, what's happening between you two?" George questioned the second that I walked into the kitchen.

My mouth opened and closed as I was trying to think of something to say. George could see right through my lies. Especially when it came to Leighton.

"I'm trying to convince her to stay here, indefinitely." I responded calmly. There, that was the truth.

"So. You haven't told her?" George raised his brows.

I lowered my head, no I hadn't told her. I was too embarrassed. Too nervous. Too much of a coward. Whatever my excuse was, I wasn't telling her. No way.

George chuckled, taking a sip of his tea as he looked
up at me with a smug smirk.

"You care about her Lockwood. You almost killed Joel after she left. Why don't you just tell her?" George asked.

My eyes narrowed in on him as I sat down, my legs crossing as I placed them on the table, exposing my pink socks. I smiled at the memory. Leighton once told me that the colour pink made her feel safe, so I made sure to always wear pink socks to make sure that she felt safe with me.

"It's not that simple." I glanced up to Lucy as she walked into the kitchen. I quickly flashed George a 'don't say another word' glare, which he quickly caught onto.

"You're talking about Leighton?" Lucy questioned with raised brows, causing George to stifle a laugh. "What's the deal there?"

I placed my head in my hands, shaking my head in defeat. I looked up at Lucy, desperately hoping she would just drop the question, but instead she had a pressing look on her face.

"There is no deal there." I spoke through gritted teeth. "We've just known each other since we were babies. That's it."

"But you fancy her." Lucy pointed at me with a teasing smirk. "And she fancies you."

"No she doesn't." I shook my head, standing up and walking around the kitchen. I went to stand at the sink, looking out the window, trying desperately to divert my attention.

"I'm ready." Leighton's sweet voice spoke, entering the room.

I span on my heel to face the girl, my eyes flickering to the grey zip up hoodie. Or more specifically, my grey zip up hoodie. I ran my tongue over my bottom lip, liking the way she looked in it.

George and Lucy bit back smirks, clearly recognising the jumper. I quickly clipped George on the back of the head, making him hiss in response.

My eyes still hadn't left Leighton's. The blonde girl stood in the doorway nervously. Her attention was solely focused on her ring and twisting it around her finger.

"We should get going." I announced, walking over to Leighton. My hand found the small of her back, guiding her away from the two smirking idiots in the kitchen.

"Why are they acting weird?" Leighton whispered as I opened the door for her. The blonde smiled thankfully, stepping outside and looking back at me, waiting for an answer.

"They're always weird." I shrugged not knowing what to say.

"If it's weird me been here, I can g-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Leighton." My voice was low. Her eyes widened submissively, slowly nodding in response. "Good. You're staying. End of story."

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newmann
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ thesaintsseries & leeandhan