EIGHT

LEIGHTON
sheen road

I went to the only place that I found comfort in currently and that was Sheen Road. I didn't care that the house was partially burnt or the fact that there was reporters swarming the property.

I managed to sneak past them, heading upstairs to the bedroom. Things had changed since Annabel lived here, but I still felt her presence. My eyes flickered to the chimney breast, where her body was.

"Fucking Joel?" A voice scoffed, making me turn on my heel to face a very disappointed Lockwood.

"You shouldn't be here." I whispered, avoiding eye contact with him at all cost. The guilt was consuming me. "Go home, Lockwood."

Nervously, I tugged on the ends of my sleeves. I could still feel him behind me, hear his rapid and angered breathing.

"He's Fittes, Leighton." His voice was cold and distant, the opposite of what Lockwood usually was. "How could you?"

I shook my head, going to sit down on the arm chair in the corner. I fiddled with the ring on my finger, ignoring his pacing.

"Why did you go to him?" He paused, running his hand through his hair frustratedly. "Why not me?"

Lockwood tongue wet his bottom lip. I pulled my legs up into my chest, resting my head on my knees as I looked up at him with tearful eyes. I could tell he was hurting and that I was the one who caused that pain.

He stopped dead in his tracks, turning to face me with a cold, emotionless expression.

"Did you sleep with him? In the same bed? In his shirts-"

"Lockwood."

I wanted to tell him that I wouldn't ever do that with anyone but him, but the words just wouldn't come out.

The brunette boy shook his head, running his hand over his face. His chest rapidly rising and falling. His shoulders tense.

A silence filled the room and we just stared at one another. I could tell from the look on his face that he had a question that he was burning to ask me.

"You fucked him, didn't you Leighton?"

And there it was. The accusation.

I scoffed, standing up from my previous position. I was now face to face with Lockwood. His brows raised, waiting for me to answer.

"What's it got to do with you?" I narrowed my eyes.

Lockwood nodded, almost as if he got his answer from my question. I jumped once he kicked the chair across the room. His jaw tightening as he turned away from me.

"Does that make you angry?" I stepped forward, a teasing smile on my face. "Why does the idea of someone else touching me, anger you, Lockwood?"

I just wanted to know, to understand.

Lockwood span on his heel to face me again. His eyes flickering down to my parted lips. God, my stomach flipped with excitement.

"Why do you care?" I asked softly, looking up at the boy through my lashes.

"I've always cared." Lockwood spoke through gritted teeth.

I hummed, raising my hand to rest my hands on his heaving chest. I took a small step forward again. Lockwood's hand fell and gripped my waist. My hands trailed further up his chest, till they linked around his neck.

I ran my tongue over my bottom lip, noticing the way that Lockwood's eyes darted to my lips the second that I did.

"Prove it." I whispered. "Show me how much you care."

Lockwood rested his head against mine, our warm breaths mingling. Our nose brushed together, his grip on my waist tightened due to how close we were. It drove me insane.

"Go home tonight." He spoke lowly.

"No."

God, I had to hold back a whimper when he gripped me tighter. He was angry that I was disobeying. That's the thing with Lockwood, he liked people doing as they were told.

"Leighton, you're going home tonight." Lockwood stated. "And you're gonna stay."

"If I stay, I'm bunking with George, I'm sure he'd be happy to share a bed with me, lend me his clothes to sleep in." I had to bite back a smirk.

Lockwood rolled his eyes, his jaw tightening.

"Not if I have anything to do with it." His hands trailed under my shirt, his gentle fingertips against my soft skin was driving me insane. "My bed. My clothes, you got it?"

With that, he stepped away, letting go of a shaky breath.

I didn't even agree. But he knew that I would. I couldn't resist not going back. Not been with him.

I instantly felt the loss. The loss of his hands, his warm breath, the feeling, the excitement.

"You should go back now, I've got some reporters coming soon." Lockwood straightened his tie, his eyes flickering over me once again.

I nodded, understandingly. He didn't want me to be seen with him on TV, I got it. I had a reputation. He didn't want to ruin that.

"You'll be back soon though, right?" I asked hopefully, my voice softening slightly.

Lockwood nodded, a tight lipped smile forming on his face. We just held one another's gaze for a moment. Neither of us spoke or made any effort to move. Instead, just looked at one another, deeply.

"I didn't sleep with him." I whispered. "I couldn't. I wouldn't."

"Why?" Lockwood's brows furrowed.

I hesitated for a moment.

"He's not you."

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newmann
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ thesaintsseries & leeandhan