chapter thirty

Chase

This past month has been fucking incredible.

We both started our new jobs and have started creating a life together, here in the city. Riley is currently in the shower right now, as I prepare us breakfast in my kitchen.

After everything we have been through, I know even more that Riley is the only woman I ever want to spend my life with.

I will never give up on her.

"Mm, smells good in here."

She places a kiss on my cheek before making herself comfortable at the table. Finishing up with breakfast, I place her bowl and coffee down infront of her, thinking how I can start off this conversation.

"You ok?"

I glance up to see Riley staring at me, her brows pulled together.

"Chase?" She places her mug down slowly when I don't answer straight away.

Shit. Why am I so fucking nervous?

"I was thinking-" I clear my throat, hoping I can find the words for this to come out like I hope.

"I know you have been staying here most nights anyway, and I remember when you first saw this place how much you loved it and that you wanted to live somewhere like this one day. So I was thinking, you could do exactly that."

Her face freezes as I watch her process my words.

"You want me to move in with you?" She asks, her face not giving away any indication to how she is feeling about this.

"Yeah. I want us to live here together. I love having you here and it's closer to your work-"

She suddenly cuts me off by kissing my lips hard. I gently pull her face back in my hands, my eyes flicking between hers.

"Is that a yes baby?"

"Yes! I would love to live here with you."

I connect our lips again as she wraps he arms around my shoulders. I lift her up to sit her on the kitchen counter, standing inbetween her legs I reach for her neck pulling her towards me for another kiss.

"You have just made me the happiest man alive."

She buries her head into my neck as I wrap my arms around her small frame. Her coconut shampoo drifting into my senses.

"I love you Riley."

"I love you."

***

"Congrats mate. I'm happy for you two." Noah smiles over at me.

"Thanks. I'm happy I decided to stay."

"What changed your mind? I spoke to you the day before and you were packed and ready to leave."

"I know I was, but I could just feel it wasn't right. I also went back to Rosehill on the weekend of Riley's Dads anniversary. I visited the cemetery and spent some time with my Mom, talking out loud and it helped."

"Well I'm glad you came to your senses and decided not to go."

"Me too."

As I clink my beer bottle with Noah's, I look around the bar for my girl. Her and Evie went to the toilets at least five minutes ago and I'm eager to have her back here with me.

We decided that all four of us should have a night out now we are back together. So much has happened over the last few weeks and it's great to just celebrate with our friends.