53

Rory had spent the past hour getting ready for the date. Well, it was an Official Unofficial Date.

Not only had Rory done her hair, but she got dressed up too. The clothes she wore were exactly her size, so she figured that Jessica may have bought them for her and stored them away in her closet.

The computer picked them out for her.

Rory wore a black dress that stopped right below her knees. The top part of it was off the shoulder, but the sleeves clung right under her shoulders. The skirt of the dress was dark blue.

She let her hair down and moisturized it well so it wouldn't tangle while it was free. She examined herself in the mirror and made a few final touches.

It looked overdone, but today she wanted to show Decha a completely different side of her. He stated before that it didn't matter to him whether she was Astellian or Bracketer, but today, she was going to make him see a clear difference.

Although they were just going to be chilling in the garden, Rory had an entire list of romantic interactions she'd trick Decha into doing. Spring was coming. Actually, it was already here. The flowers had started blooming.

In the Brackets, Spring was special. During the Spring there was a celebration that would encourage dating couples to get engaged to marry. Rory didn't have the intention to follow the same traditions, but her list was similar.

Rory made sure to wear oversized black flats. This way if her shoe came off, Decha would notice it. Then she would stare at the flower she liked the most so Decha could pick it for her.

She would also surprise him and hug him from behind. That always seemed to work. Men loved that.

And once she had him under her spell, she wanted to kiss him.

Rory giggled like a child just thinking about it.

She rushed out of her room in excitement. She couldn't wait anymore. She skipped down the hallway with a big smile on her face. But she stopped when she saw Decha at the front door, dressed in nothing but casual clothes.

She'd never seen him so underdressed before. He had a black tank top on and black sweatpants. His hair was more kept than it was in the morning, but his overall appearance was shocking.

Decha stared at her as if she were the crazy one. He thought she was overdressed, especially since they were just taking a stroll in the garden. He thought her outfit was different. It wasn't a bad thing, but it did intrigue him.

"You shouldn't run around like that."

"I wasn't running. I was skipping."

"It still causes your heart rate to go up, doesn't it?" Decha scowled at her, and Rory pouted. "You know the answer, so don't do it."

Not even a full minute into the start of their Official Unofficial date, and he was already reprimanding her. Rory decided to let it slide off her back.

Decha opened the door and allowed Rory to leave first before shutting it and locking it behind them.

"The snow cleared up," Rory smiled at him.

"It's still a bit chilly. I think you should've grabbed a jacket before we left."

"It's warm. That's why I didn't wear one."

"If you get sick later, you won't be allowed to leave the house until Summer. Seriously, you can't afford to get sick right now."

"Then if it's so cold, why are you walking out in nothing but a tank top and sweatpants?"