15

"Decha!" Director Chen hopped out of the helicopter as it landed. He was dressed in a black general uniform and equipped with two guns. While staring at the mess, he searched through a pile of rubble frantically, fearing that his son was crushed during the Walls collapse.

The entire scene was being broadcasted on national television. There were going to be a lot more Astellians to come to look for their family members that may have been affected. "DECHA!" Theodore Chen called out in a panic, hoping his son would reply.

If Decha was dead, surely he'd start a war with the Bracketers, the people he thought were most responsible for this catastrophe.

"Chen," Decha responded to the call, looking out into the dust. The thickness of it cleared out, so even though it was still foggy, they could see each other's shadows. Chen slid off the pile of bricks and ran over to the tall lean Shadow calling out to him.

"Decha? Decha! Is that you?"

The shadow nodded. "I'm over here."

Chen's suspicions were confirmed when he saw Decha's face. "Thank heavens, Decha! Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Chen grabbed onto Decha's shoulders firmly, ecstatic that his son was alive. Deep down, he felt that Decha wouldn't die so easily. He just wanted to be the one to find him.

"I'm fine," Decha nodded firmly, feeling awkward because of Chen's display of worry.  "The walls aren't completely gone, only the division between the sectors has collapsed. However, I'm not sure how many explosives are set to go off."

"We've already checked, the walls that divided Astell and the Brackets weren't completely damaged. It just split a big hole in between. The Patrols on the other side of the wall are handling the Bracketers, preventing them from getting too close to the damage."

Decha sighed in relief. That meant there was more control on the other side to stop any Bracket escapists from crossing over. "There are a few survivors on our end. Can you request a medical shuttle?"

"Not from here, but if there is a survivor with an injury we can transport them via aircraft."

Decha motioned Chen over into the alleyway. When Chen saw the three other people hidden in between the buildings, a wave of calm came over him. It was good to see survivors, rather than all the dead bodies that were laying near the other piles.

"She needs medical attention," Decha squatted next to Rory, whose breathing was extremely shallow.

"What's wrong with her?"

"She's sick, and her body is reacting to the environment. There is some medication in her bag, but I can't give it to her until she's able to breathe."

Chen eyed the woman apprehensively. These survivors were Bracketers. Although the older couple were most likely Astell residents, he was sure that the woman who was sick resided on the other side because of her raggedy clothes.

"Are any of you hurt?" Chen asked the Astell residents first. His job was always to make sure that anyone who lived in Sector A was given top-priority treatment. The Bracket couple shook their heads.

"It's just her, she's been like this for a while now." George, the older man pointed at Rory.

Chen grabbed Rory's arm and felt hardly any pulse. "Her blood pressure is extremely low. Lay her flat."

"If we don't get her help now, she'll die." Decha hissed.

"Decha, go and search for any remaining survivors."

"Did you hear me?" Decha spat, "She is in a critical state!"

"Then let us aid her peacefully, there is nothing much we can do. We don't have her records, we don't know what's wrong with her—"