Chapter Nineteen

"I know the truth, Changbin" my voice was calm

"I know the truth, Changbin" my voice was calm. I watch his eyes shakes, yet he still put his guard up.

"You guys are giving her headaches. Leave" Yeji voice out. I was grateful for her doing so.

She starts pushing them out one by one and soon I was left alone. However, Chan got his way out of Yeji's attention when he entered my room again.

"I need to tell you something" Chan's face was full of worries.

"What is it?" I asked him, getting up from my bed as I sit on the edge. Chan kept his distance even when he approached me.

"Changbin is really stubborn sometimes" he sighed, rubbing the nape of his neck.

I stared at him awkwardly, not knowing where we are heading with this conversation.

"Sorry, let me start over" he quickly apologised before clearing his throat.

"I know I'm in no place to say this but I had to before it gets worse" he started as I hummed, waiting patiently.

"Changbin didn't break up with you because it was a bet, he lied to you. We never made any bet about dating anyone" Chan said.

I was surprised by the information. I keep quiet, waiting for him to continue.

"He has been liking you for a long time already, ever since middleschool. It's still fresh in my memories how he would always talk about you whenever he saw you at school" Chan continued.

My mouth almost dropped. Changbin actually likes me.. and for that long?

This sparks a little something inside me. That means I still have a chance. But there's one thing I'm confused about.

"But why did he break up with me if it wasn't a bet?" I asked Chan. He sighed almost immediately, looking down in hesitation.

"He found out that you've been liking Minho all this time, exactly on the day he wanted to ask you to officially be his girlfriend" Chan said to me, feeling bad to talk about my feelings.

He knew?

"But how? I—I never.." my voice was trailed off the second I remembered the day I talked to Yeji about the day I spent with Minho.

"He overheard you with Yeji" Chan said, confirming my speculation.

My shoulder slumped down in despair. Judging by the way he reacted, he probably didn't listen until the end. I said that I've start to like him.