Chapter Fifteen

"I realised how quiet you was at school today" I stated as we walk side by side towards the park

"I realised how quiet you was at school today" I stated as we walk side by side towards the park. Changbin only hummed.

I glanced at him only to see him playing with his phone. He has been on his phone ever since we left the school.

"Do you wanna grab ice cream? This sunny weather is really suitable for cold foods" I tried bringing back the mood as I grabbed his arm, attempting to get him off his phone.

"Sure" he replied shortly, letting his hand fall as he kept his phone in his pocket. I smiled, pulling him towards the ice cream parlor we always go to.

"I'll have strawberry" Changbin ordered for himself before pausing. I waited for him to continue with my order like he always did, but he didn't.

"Um, I'll get the vanilla" I told the man when he stared at me. He replied with a small 'okay' before scooping out our ice creams.

He handed us our ice creams and we both automatically walked towards our favourite bench.

"Um, Changbin" I called him. He turned to me with an eyebrow raised.

"Is there anything wrong? You're quite gloomy today" I told him quietly. He chuckled but it seems lifeless.

"I don't think I am" he half-smiled. I only nod.

"There's a new movie that just came out, we should watch it together" I tried to continue our conversation. He hummed.

"I don't know, I'm quite busy" he answered, not glancing at me.

"Oh"

I stayed quiet the whole time we're there, not being able to enjoy my ice cream like usual.

"Are you finished? Let's go home" he glanced at me before getting up from the bench.

I quickly throw my leftover ice cream at the trash bin near us before stopping him.

"Wait, um" I hesitated as he only stared down at me.

"I have something to tell you, can we walk around the park first?" I asked him, feeling my heartbeat quickens.

"Please" I pleaded as he followed without saying much.

We both walked in silence as I practiced my lines. Until I was ready, I turned to him.

"So, I've been meaning to tell you this" I tried to laugh off my nervousness I as fidgets with my fingers.

"Um" I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"All this time we were together, I'm actually—" I heard myself say before I was cut off by him.

"It was a dare" his voice rang in my ear. I looked up at him in confusion as he only stared at me with a blank expression.

"Huh?"

"Dating you is a dare I made with my friends" he continued with much more details now.

My stomach sank the moment the words left his lips. I can feel my world crumble in a split second.

"What?" I can't believe how vulnurable my voice was when I asked him the short question.

"I don't actually like you" he snorted.

"I was told to flirt with you, make you feel attached with me and dump you. And exactly today, the time is up" he laughed. He said it so easily.

So he was dared to date me for a month? It wasn't his real intention.. to be with me?

His laugh stopped the moment he examine my saddened expression.

"No. Don't tell me you actually think I like you" he exclaimed, followed by a hearty laugh right after.

A loud pang could be heard as I feel my heart shattered. I stared at him in disbelief.

A part of me were hoping that he would laugh it off and say that it was a joke. Oh, wait. He's already laughing.

"That's why you shouldn't believe people around you, especially when he's known for bad attitude" he winked and pat my shoulder before leaving me standing in the middle of the park.

I wanted to scream at him, telling him to fuck himself but my lips were sow and my feet are cemented to the ground.

Droplets of traitorous tears streamed down my cheeks as I stared at his back when he walked away. He don't even look back at me.

"You do know that he's playing around, right? You really think he actually likes you?" once again, Minho's voice echoed in my head.

I shut my eyes tight, feeling my heart throbbing with pain. My knees weakened as I tried my best to move my feet and leave the place.

The longer I stay, more painful it feels.

However, even when Changbin just told me he fooled me, I don't regret loving him. These past few weeks with him was wonderful.

I finally felt alive again.

But my chance only last a month. Now he has left and stopped loving me—no, he never even loved me.

After awhile of letting out silent tears, I made my way out of the park. My mind was blank, well not entirely, all I could think of is him.

My head was pounding so badly by the time I got home. I'm lucky that my parents are still at work and I won't get questioned by them.

I walked to my room and throw myself on the bed. I felt empty. I took a deep breath to keep my mind at ease but the memories that happened not long ago came back to me.

The look he gave me, the words that slip out of his lips, the mocking laugh he let out. Oh god, my heart is screaming in pain.

Without realizing, tears run down my cheeks once again. I laid to my side and hug my knees, feeling so insecure of myself.

I just wish I could sleep and forget everything that happened.

Just imagining how school would be the next day would already make me want to kill myself.

•••

I fought the urge to let myself sleep in the next day. I haven't seen myself in the mirror but I know that I look like some dead animal.

I wrapped myself in the blanket, really liking the idea of sleeping in.

But no, he would think I skipped school because of him—well, technically yeah but we're not gonna go with that.

I forced myself out of the bed as I went to the bathroom to get a refreshing shower. Cold or not, I won't go to school with cry snots.

I checked myself in the mirror and almost shocked myself.

"I kinda look pretty" I mumbled before grabbing the towel and hop in the shower.

{End of Chapter 15}
Ahahaha, tersakiti ke tuew. A bit late today since I got distracted by classes. See y'all tomorrow!