Chapter Seven

Mrs

Mrs. Yoo raised an eyebrow at me as I stood awkwardly in my seat, aware that all eyes were on me.

I glanced at the clock on the wall, realising that he wouldn't arrive at school anytime soon. I sighed, looking at Mrs. Yoo apologetically.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Yoo. Changbin and I—" my sad speech was suddenly interupted by the loud slamming of the classroom door.

"I'm sorry for being late!" Changbin exclaimed, as he tried to catch his breath. He saw me standing by my seat and understood the situation almost immediately.

"This is the project that was assigned to Y/N and I. I apologise for being late today. I was irresponsible, so if there's any mark deducted, please do not involve Y/N" he explained to Mrs. Yoo.

"I understand that" Mrs. Yoo smiled as she seemed proud, looking at me. This is probably the first time Changbin ever cared about a school project.

I was shocked too. I thought that he wasn't serious since he played around most of the time.

I could still feel eyes on me, so I shifted on my feet uncomfortably. Is this the part where I sit down?

"Congrats for your hard work. You can go to your seat" Mrs. Yoo told Changbin as he bowed slightly, walking towards our combined table with a proud smile on his lips.

"You made it" I whispered to him as Mrs. Yoo start to talk about everyone's projects.

"Well, I can't waste all the days we have—no, you have been working hard for this project" he told me with a shrug. However, his simple words has made me feel warm and comfortable.

"You helped too, Changbin. It's we" I told him sincerely. He does play around a lot, but he actually helped me finish it. And the way he has annoyed me from time to time also lifts my spirits and keeps me from getting sleepy.

"It doesn't compare to how much you did" he replied with a genuine smile. My heart warmed at the action. Without realising, my lips also formed a smile.

As we both went to focus on our lesson, he leaned towards me. I looked at him in confusion.

"Do you want to eat at the convenience store after school?" he asked me. It wasn't even funny, but I could feel it tickling my belly.

"School has barely just started, and you're already planning to hang out after school?" I commented with a short laugh. He shrugged with a smile.

"And, sure. It would be fun" I told him at last. The smile on his lips grew wider as he nodded before turning back to our lesson.

I'm getting used to seeing him smile now. I never thought that he could have such a tantalising smile. If only he had been good to me since the start.

I shrugged before looking away from him, not wanting him to catch me staring.

•••

"Y/N! Let's grab some drinks before going home!" Yeji chirped happily as she jumped in front of me, as soon as the last bell rang.

My head shot to Changbin and he's already looking at me in anticipation. I quickly looked at Yeji with an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry, but I've agreed to hang out with Changbin. Do you want to join us instead?" I asked her, and I could barely see how Changbin's eyes widened from the corner of my eyes.

Yeji looked in between Changbin and I before giving me a teasing smile. "It's fine. Have a nice date, you two!" she squeaked before waving me goodbye and leaving the classroom.

My eyes widened as I could feel my cheeks getting warm. Date?

"Come on, we can't be late" Changbin said as he rise from his seat. I hummed, getting up as well.

"..for our date" he added as he walked past me. It caught me off guard as I looked at him in shock. I can visibly hear him letting out a playful laugh.

Apparently, I wasn't annoyed, and my lips formed a smile as I followed after him.

"What are you going to eat today?" I asked him as he hummed, thinking about his desired meals.

"I'm thinking of chicken breast" he answered, getting a little jumpy in his steps.

"Does the chicken breast they sell there taste good?" I asked him instead. He hummed before stopping his track. I also stopped, looking at him in confusion.

"You should eat it and decide for yourself. Don't let other people decide it for you. Even when people say it's good, you should eat it and judge it for yourself" he told me sternly, showing how serious he is in this situation.

I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

"Never in my life did I think that I would get a lecture on how I should eat and choose my food for myself, by you" I told him with a small sigh and a smile on my lips.

"You should stick to your own principles" he added, which unexpectedly tickled my belly button as I let out a humorous laugh. He seemed offended at first, but soon joined in my laughter.

"Alright, Mr. Seo" I teased him. He shook his head out of disapproval, yet the smile stayed on his lips.

"Come on" he said, as we both start to head towards the convenience store once again.

We both bought chicken breasts since I need to judge the food myself or Changbin will get mad at me for another question of 'does this taste good?'.

"Hm, it tastes good! It's not dry" I complimented the deliciousness of the chicken, despite of being microwaved.

"See, I told you!" he let out a small chuckle. I smiled, nodding as I continued eating the chicken.

"Do you have anywhere else to go after this?" Changbin asked after a moment of silence. I changed my gaze from the sky to him.

"I'll probably just go home, why?" I asked him as he slowly looked away from me.

"Do you want to go somewhere after this?" he asked me instead, making himself busy by stuffing the chicken in his mouth. I took another glance at him before humming.

"Like where?" I asked him as he shrugged.

"Do you have anywhere you want to go?" he threw the question at me. I gave it some thought for a moment before an excellent idea popped into my head.

"Did you hear that there's an Aquarium that opened recently?" I asked him.

"Aquarium?" he asked, looking at me with excitement starting to build up inside him.

"We can go there!" I chirped happily as he smiled, humming.

"Sure, let's go there after we finish eating" he replied, as I nodded.

{End of Chapter 7}
Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote^^