Friday

Friday

Rotten Apple: Hey, Tom Cat, let's call tonight at eight, your timezone. Don't forget or I'll start spamming your fine ass.

"What the heck?" Chika stared down at his phone with utter confusion. Ever since a week ago, Fuuto has started sending the oddest messages and asking to call him. They text daily now and call each other every three days.

"Is it Fuuto again?" Tsubaki leaned against Chika's shoulder, glancing at Chika's messages. "Eh? He's really putting himself out there."

Only a couple of guys and Ema knew about Fuuto's constant messaging. The triplets obviously knew since Tsubaki likes sharing gossip with his twins. Yuusuke knew because Chika and Ema talked to him about it at school. Masaomi and Ukyo knew since Fuuto called Chika in the middle of their conversation. And Wataru knew because he's a nosy little kid who enjoys poking around Chika's belongings.

"I don't get why though," Chika frowned, texting Fuuto back. He told Fuuto that he'd make sure to call. After all, Chika likes to keep his promises.

"I think you do, Romeo," Tsubaki snorted, getting up from the couch.

Chika's ears blushed red, but he bit his bottom lip and frowned. He didn't want to trust his intuition. But, he had to admit, Fuuto was getting to him a little. Chika normally isn't the one being chased after. At least, not by people he found appealing. It felt nice.

Tsubaki walked over to the kitchen counter, staring at Ema, who was crouched in front of the fridge. She sighed and naturally, all of the guys noticed, "What's wrong?"

"Are you okay, Ema?" Wataru lifted onto his tip-toes, peering over the kitchen countertop.

"I'm okay, Wataru. But... There's no food for dinner," Ema opened the fridge wider to reveal a mostly empty fridge. The only things inside were a couple of beers, a wine bottle, two thin sake bottles, a half-eaten chocolate cake, and a container of bright orange and red sauce.

"Well, that doesn't sound like Ukyo," Azusa smiled. He got up from the long dining table, leaving his newspaper, to stand next to his brother.

"He's had a lot of trials recently," Masaomi said. He was drinking a cup of coffee at the table. The only people at the Asahina complex were Ema, Tsubaki, Azusa, Wataru, Masaomi, and Chika.

"Yeah, that can't be easy," Tsubaki scoffed, "Being a big fancy lawyer. Probably busting the guy down the street for embezzlement."

"Don't worry, I'll just hop out to the store real quick. I'll be back before you know it," Ema spoke up before Tsubaki continued to talk badly about Ukyo. She undid her apron and was about to leave when Tsubaki caught her shoulder.

"Hold up, it's only gonna be us and Subaru. Let's go out to eat. It'll be something new," Tsubaki grinned, leaning closer to Ema than Chika preferred.

"Hey, Tsuba, get any closer and you will be that much closer to getting a bruised face," Chika called out from the couch, pointing his phone at Tsubaki.

"Yes, yes," Tsubaki let go of Ema and took a step back. Chika nodded to himself and continued texting. Once Chika butted out, Tsubaki tilted his head down to give the impression that he was looking up at Ema with puppy eyes, "What do you think, Ema?"

This time, Ema blushed. Her eyes looked away from Tsubaki and her fingers touched her lips as she thought about a distant memory, "Um... Um! Sure!" When Ema snapped back to reality, she realized how embarrassing her reaction was.

"How cute," Tsubaki whispered, winking at Ema.

"Did you say we're eating out?" Wataru peaked around Tsubaki, grinning widely, "At a restaurant?"