Monday

Monday

Somehow, despite going to sleep really late by avoiding Tsubaki and Azusa on the ride home and going on a completely different route to reach home at a different time, Chika had messily put on his school uniform and tiredly gone down to the living room floor.

Reaching the floor, Chika walked slowly until he sat down beside Ema. The girl looked as spectacular as normal but Chika looked like a complete mess. Not only was his hair messy and sticking up in gravity defying ways, but his uniform was obviously put on in a 'hurry'.

"Chika, are you alright?" Ema gently rested a hand on his shoulder.

Feeling the hand, Chika looked at Ema with half-opened eyes and a deep frown, "Are you alright? Seems you've got a bit of bitchy in your eyes. Want me to get it out with a steak knife?"

Sighing, Ema retracted her hand and looked at everyone else with an awkward smile, "Sorry, everyone. It seems Chika is going to be a bit moody today."

"Chika, moody?" Kaname asked curiously, his eyes lighting up as he eyed the boy like a fun television show. Besides the boy's normal mood, Chika never seemed particularly moody, just a sassy teenager. Not even when Kaname kept hitting on Ema.

"You've never seen Chika moody, Kana-bro," Yuusuke spoke up, grimacing at the not so fond memory, "In our freshmen year, everyone saw Chika on the day of the opening ceremony. His aura was so dark that he couldn't give the top student speech that day. The second place boy had to go up. The rest of the day, no matter who tried to approach him, Chika would look at them like they were bugs."

"Because they were," Chika grumbled, slowly eating the breakfast in front of him. Pausing after the first bite, Chika sighed and stood up. The brothers had no clue what he was doing. Normally, Chika would happily eat anything Ukyo or Ema made.

"Yuusuke, there's one part you're missing," Ema rubbed the back of her neck, watching as Chika went into the kitchen.

"What am I missing?" Yuusuke asked back. Chika had returned from the kitchen with two seasoning bottles. "Seasoning?"

"No, your dad," Chika squinted at the red head, opening the bottles of salt and pepper, "Obviously it's seasoning. Who the fuck doesn't like seasoning? You don't like seasoning, fine. Enjoy your bland ass food and choke on it, would you?" Chika continued to mutter cursing Yuusuke under his breath.

The red haired boy sweat dropped as he heard Chika's curses towards him. However, everyone's eyes widened when they saw Chika pour a surprising amount of pepper and salt onto his sunnyside eggs, bacon, and even his waffles.

"Um, Chika," Wataru gently called out.

"What?" Chika asked, not looking up at the boy.

"Why are you seasoning your waffles?" Wataru stared at the dark blue haired boy's plate with a confused face.

"Because it's better that way, duh. Is your brain full of sheep right now? I guess you're still asleep, huh? I can help you go to sleep permanently," Chika grumbled.

Ema chuckled awkwardly at Chika's response. Then she turned to Wataru, the boy was starting to tear up, "Wataru, he doesn't mean it. He's like this when he's grumpy."

"He doesn't hate me?" Wataru sniffed, looking hopefully at Ema and Chika.

"I don't hate you, but it's not like I hate Satan either," Chika grumbled, eating the overly seasoned eggs. Hearing that, Wataru started crying. Masaomi gently pat the boy's back, he had gotten back in the early morning too, a little bit after Chika.

"Do you like it, Chika?" Ukyo chuckled, watching the grumpy boy eat breakfast with the seasoning bottles beside him.

Glancing up to Ukyo, Chika felt himself stare a bit longer before looking away with a small blush and an angry look, "Obviously. It tastes good and you made it. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't be eating it and I would say it straight to Yuusuke's face."