Chapter Twenty-Two

"Honestly, Yoongi. This shade looks so good on you, better than that harsh platinum." Jimin said, running his fingers through the honey-coloured strands and lightly ruffling the newly coloured hair with a satisfied grin.

The blonde had to admit even though it was much softer than he was used to, the new golden tone didn't look bad.

Jimin had done a good job with it. He was patient and precise, never growing irritable by the elder's need to fidget and move around. He didn't get mad when Yoongi needed to stand up and stretch, even though he only sat for roughly fifteen minutes.

The pink-haired boy knew Yoongi was different from the boy he knew years ago. He was trying to adjust to this new world and life, which would take time.

It wasn't as easy as it seemed, moving from an aggressive home to a supportive, loving one. A mind once preoccupied with surviving and fighting began bubbling with all the suppressed memories, which was hard to deal with.

"Thanks," Yoongi replied, letting the younger boy play with his hair as much as he wanted and watching through the mirror as he sat opposite.

The whole time, his eyes focused on the pink-haired boy and never settled on himself. He hated his reflection, and Jimin noticed.

Yoongi couldn't look at the pale-skinned boy staring back at him, his gaunt face and haunted eyes. He couldn't bare to see the scar on the inside of his ear or the marks hidden under the hairline. If he stared too long, the reflection twisted into something violent, aggressive and frightening.

The blonde-haired boy broke from his thoughts when Jimin stepped away, reaching for his laptop and the phone plugged in beside it.

He didn't even realise the pink-haired boy had been talking the whole time.

"...won't work with your old phone, but they will with this one."

Yoongi blinked in silence, still sitting in the chair, as Jimin waved his hand at the laptop, spouting information before heading to the bathroom.

He was confused by how the older boy just sat and stared at the screen, making no effort to do anything the pink boy told him to. And then it sank in, and the younger boy's heart wrenched in realisation.

Jimin knew that before he entered the care system, Yoongi didn't have an affluent family, and money was difficult to come by. He was happy and well-loved, but the Min family had very little.

The older boy told stories of how his parents wouldn't eat just so their only son could have a meal. But that also meant he lacked a lot of things other kids had, like a relatively new mobile phone and a laptop.

Yoongi had never used a laptop; hell, he hadn't even used a computer before because of his patchy history of attending school. That was why he sat with a blank look on his face, internally frustrated with his inability to do anything.

The pink-haired boy quietly walked into the room, swallowing his guilt as he picked up the phone and the laptop with one hand, weaving the other into the elder's and pulling him towards the bed.

He made himself comfortable and waited for the blonde to sit down, too, noticing how he shuffled as close as possible, keeping their fingers tightly locked together.

"I'm sorry," Jimin said softly, squeezing the long fingers as he placed the laptop over their legs. "I didn't think about it. I can teach you how to use them both."

Yoongi sighed as he forced his tongue into his cheek. It was embarrassing.

Being unable to do basic routine things was ridiculous.