Chapter Eight

Yoongi and Jin were anxious for two very different reasons.

Worry consumed the youngest because this was the first time all the boys were coming over to hang out.

He wasn't a social person, so the idea of all seven of them jammed into one room didn't fill him with joy. Especially seeing as nobody could get near the elder.

Yoongi was more than ready to see Jimin again, though.

The only time the two spent together since reconnecting at the beginning of the week was during lunch.

It was hard not to dive on the pink-haired boy every time they were together, but the elder resisted.

Explaining why he was so clingy to the other boy would have been difficult, considering Yoongi never clung to anybody.

As young teenagers, they were separated from each other, but now the ties that held them together tightened, bringing them close again. At least, that was the magnetic pull for the older boy.

He didn't know what Jimin was thinking.

The pair were shoved together under traumatic circumstances; they had memories, some good but mostly terrifying, heartbreaking ones.

The pink-haired boy was over that. He had a happy, pretty life now, with great friends and a loving family.

Would he want anything to do with Yoongi? Would he want those dark feelings brought back to the surface again?

Unlikely.

But first, he had to meet with Mrs Park so she could check up on him.

It was always the same. She checked up on him a week after moving in, and consistently, he would lie and say that everything was fine, that he'd eaten well and had no concerns. Then, she would visit two weeks later and then once every four weeks, when she noticed the most significant difference in his behaviour.

Yoongi's face would sometimes appear slimmer, but he would hide his body under oversized shirts and hoodies, making his weight loss less noticeable.

Other times, he walked with a stiff, uncomfortable gait that proved something horrible was happening. And that was when she raised the alarm and pulled him away.

Often it took longer than she liked to find him a new home because foster families were in high demand, and there was nowhere else to send the boy.

She hated leaving her kids in these horrifically dangerous situations, but Mrs Park had no choice, which only added to the problem.

Yoongi forced himself not to pace the bedroom in agitation, pushing himself back onto the bed as he watched the interaction between Jin and Namjoon.

The younger boy was trying to calm his lover, who had woken up that Saturday morning in a feverish state.

No specific event had triggered his distressed state that morning, but Namjoon explained that it was typical for Jin to experience this after an intense therapy session.

At times, Jin managed his anxiety by staying at his boyfriend's house or hiding away in the bedroom until he felt better, but he couldn't do that with the boys coming to hang out.

The black-haired boy moved erratically from spot to spot, trying to organise his things but making more of an unstable mess.

He knocked over the stuffed toys, ruffled and dropped the pillows on his bed and kept picking things up, just to put them back again in confusion.

Namjoon kept himself on the edge of the bed, refusing to approach his boyfriend so he didn't become frightened in his twitchy, agitated state.

That would end up with another bloody nose and a full-blown meltdown from the eldest, which would not be ideal.