Chapter Twenty-One

Jin happily shuffled back into Namjoon's arms as the movie rolled on.

The sandy-haired boy always let him pick the movies, since they were much younger. It helped the elder manage his anxiety and apprehension; if he could get involved in whatever film was playing, it prevented him from getting distressed by his thoughts.

Namjoon didn't care about what they watched; he only cared that the older boy felt comfortable in his presence. He always pretended to influence the choice, but ultimately, he gave that up to make the boy happy.

When they returned to the Kim's house that afternoon, Jin was in a much better mood. His spirits had lifted, and he wasn't feeling as snappy and stressed as earlier in the day.

He had dragged his boyfriend to the nearest store to buy Yoongi an apology gift, a peace offering for taking his unhappiness out on the blonde. The older boy wasn't keen on shopping because people got close, so he avoided the activity, but Jin was set on getting his foster brother a gift.

Yoongi was sitting on the bed, his face locked in an irritable frown as he pulled at the wires of his earphones, wrenching and twisting them until he gave up, huffing and throwing his phone on the mattress. All he wanted to do was listen to his music before going to Jimin's, but destiny had other plans.

His aged earphones had finally broken; the sound crackled and hissed before cutting out.

That was where Jin's gift came in handy. He knew the younger boy used music to keep himself level and calm.

The eldest handed over the palm-sized box, placing it on the bedside table as he apologised for his behaviour. He pulled Namjoon towards the bed and sat down, pretending not to notice the blonde's confusion.

He wasn't used to receiving gifts, and even though Mrs Kim had given him a bag of clothes and shoes she had purchased, Yoongi still wasn't accustomed to the generosity. So when he opened it, he was stunned.

It was a little forest green case with a flip top lid, and inside sat two perfectly shaped, wireless earphones with a golden stripe down the centre, with a power and two volume buttons.

A small, simple gift that could change the blonde boy's world in an instant.

When he was stressed, sad and depressed, he could pop them in and listen to his heart's content. He could listen until he felt well again.

Yoongi wasn't big on grand gestures and didn't know how to respond, so he mumbled a thank you and sat with the two boys for a while, clutching the new items in his pocket like a lifeline until Jimin called. Spending time with them was his way of saying thank you.

However, he was gone the very second the pink-haired boy called, which was expected, leaving the couple alone to start their usual routine.

Typically, desensitisation therapy took place in Namjoon's house because there was no risk of people walking in.

But with Yoongi leaving for the night and the bedroom door shut for privacy, nobody would enter. The Kims knew this private time between the two boys was vital.

The sandy-haired boy secured his arms around the elder, smiling when the crooked fingers laced with his, squeezing and pulling them tighter.

It was funny to think that two years ago, the dark-haired boy couldn't hold his hand without having a nuclear meltdown and spending an hour in the shower. Now, he was having dreams, explicit dreams, about the couple.

He was anxious about those thoughts, but it wasn't as scary as the first time. When Jin first had one of those intrusive dreams, it was much like a nightmare, making him cry for hours, pushing his boyfriend away in a hysterical fit. He couldn't handle the idea of sex; emotionally, mentally or physically.