Part Ten!

In the morning, Harry’s body wasn’t next to you.  Your eyes opened to find in his place instead a note.

                “Hi love,

                Decided to go out for groceries, I know it’s early but still.  Wanted to leave a note so you wouldn’t get worried, hope you don’t mind.  Did you know you look cute when you sleep? Well, you do.  Your hair is a wild mess in a cute way, and you have this small smirk.  Were you dreaming about me? Haha just kidding.  Sleep well, I’ll see you later.

                Love,

                Hazza x”

                Remembering last night, curiosity gets the best of you and you slip out of bed, walking carefully to your closet door.  Opening it, your suspicions are confirmed.  Niall is snoring as he lays in the corner, curled into a small ball.  He shivers in his sleep, muttering something quietly.

                “Niall, wake up.”  You whisper, nudging his shoulder.  He groans, turning on his other side and snoring again.  “Niall, get up!”  You say a little louder, pushing his shoulder a bit harder.

                “What?”  He moans, opening his sleepy blue eyes.

                “Get out of here before Louis finds you.”  His eyes gaze around the room, slowly landing on your face.  A moment passes before, you guess, it clicks in his head where he is.

                “Is it morning already?”  He sighs, getting up from the corner and stepping out of the closet as you back up.

                “Yeah, and Harry’s gone out.  I don’t know where Louis is.  Good luck leaving.”  You turn your back to him and walk back to bed, sliding under the covers again and shutting your eyes.

                “You made me watch you sleep with him.  Why?”  His small voice squeaks.  You tense, hoping he doesn’t notice.  You say nothing and he sighs.  “Goodbye.”  He whispers as he opens, leaves, and shuts the door quietly behind him.

                The word echoes quietly around the room, as though the door shutting pushes its air around.  That’s weird to say, but that’s what it felt like.  Niall’s footsteps are just barely audible as they tiptoe down the staircase and pause the bottom.  He exits quickly as the front door shuts and the house is silent again.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wake up!”  A voice echoes through your dreams.  “Please, wake up!”  Feeling your body shaking, you wake up to find Louis nudging you.  “Have you heard from Niall any?”  The panic in his voice is obvious as he speaks, his eyes looking to and from around my room.

“No, I haven’t seen him in a long time, why?”  Anxiously, Louis looks at me.

“Nobody can find him.  Kendall called Zayn last night asking where he was but Zayn had no idea.  Niall had apparently said he was going to a club with Zayn but Zayn was at home and nobody knows where Niall is and we’re flipping out.”  Louis words clash against each other as the words speed out of his mouth.  He’s shaking endlessly and you rest a hand on his shoulder.

“He’s probably just out Louis.”

“But nobody can find him, and when I say nobody, I mean it!  Not the paparazzi, not any fans, not Zayn or Liam, nobody.”

“Have they checked his flat?”  Louis pauses and is about to reach for his phone when yours buzzes.  The caller ID pops up as Zayn with his tongue sticking out.  “Hey Zayn.”

“I-It’s Liam.”  A barely audible voice speaks across the phone.

“Liam? Are you okay?”  Louis watches you carefully, his eyes wide and fearful.

“W-We found Niall.”

“That’s great!”  You exclaim and whisper to Louis, “They found him.”

“Is he okay?”  Louis asks quickly.

“Is Niall okay?”  You question Liam.  There’s no sound except a small sob and the sound of ambulances in the background.  “Liam?”

“Ni-Niall, h-he’s-“  Liam stutters and the sound of the phone changing hands loudly comes over the speaker.

“He’s what?!”  You ask quickly.

“He’s dying.  H-he cut his w-wrists too deep.”  Zayn mumbles over the phone, hanging up as a sob escapes him.