Part Nine!

That night is relatively quiet.  Louis avoids the two of you, and neither of you question it.  All you can wonder is why that made him so mad.  You figured it was best not to sleep with Harry tonight, so you pecked his lips gently and headed back into your room.  The buzz of your phone echoed and you picked it up and smiled, looking at the text from Harry.

                “From: Hazza (:
                Goodnight beautiful x”

                “To: Hazza (:
                Goodnight handsome x”

                Putting the cable into your phone, you leave it to charge and crawl under the duvet on your bed and think.  Your thoughts flow as you watch the curtains on the window billow as the air conditioning hits them.  Your eyelids close shut, your mind begins to drift off to unconsciousness when you hear the slightest movement behind you.  Figuring it’s just the wind, you ignore it.

                “Pst.”  A small voice calls from behind you.  Your eyes fly open as you turn around to find nothing there.  “Did I scare you?”  Niall asks quietly, coming out from the shadows of your closet.

                “Niall why are you-“   Your voice raises as you speak and he quickly shushes you.

                “Please don’t be loud.  Harry and Louis can’t know I’m here.”

                “You have no right to be in my room Niall!”

                “Please, I just needed to talk to you.”

                “How did you even get in?”

                “Years of watching Louis pick locks.”

                “Oh…”

                “Yeah.”

                “Wouldn’t Kendall kill you if she knew you were here?”

                “And that’s why I came at night.”

                “Just tell me what you want and get out Niall.”  By now, he’s sat at the end of my bed, watching me with a sad expression on his face.

                “I didn’t mean for so much to change.”  He speaks just above a whisper and your heart clenches.

                “But you cheated.”  Your voice cracks and you take a deep breath, trying not to show him any feelings.

                “I know baby, I know.”

                “Then why do you still want me back?”

                “Tell me why you’re with Harry first.”

                “Because, he won’t cheat on me.”  Niall’s face weakens and a small tear rolls down his cheek as the one sentence comes from your mouth.  Feeling your hand wanting to caress his cheek and wipe away his tears, you pull the duvet closer up to your chin, moving as far away on the opposite side of the bed as you can.  His blue eyes are so light they look almost silver in the small white sliver of moonlight.  He pulls his knees to his chest with his face in his hands.  “Niall?”  You ask carefully.  His chest lets out a small sob and your heart reaches out to him.

                “You okay in there?”  Harry’s voice echoes through the doorway as he knocks.  Niall jumps off the bed and crawls back into the closet as quiet as a mouse.

                “I-I guess.”  Harry turns the knob and peeks his head through the doorway.  Noticing your red eyes, he enters, shutting the door quietly and moving to sit on the bed, wrapping a protective arm around your shoulders.

                “Did you miss me?”  He jokes, and you crack a smile.

                “Yeah.”

                “Were you talking to someone?  I thought I heard voices.”

                “No, you probably just heard some music I was playing.”  The lie slips through your lips easily and he shrugs.

                “Alright.  You sure you’re fine?  Do you want me to stick around?”  About to say no, you pause.  Niall is sitting in the closet and there’s absolutely no way for him to escape.  Either he could watch you sleep with Harry or he could try sneaking out and get his ass kicked by Harry.  Or, the nice way would be letting Harry go back to his room and making Niall leave.  Deciding on a bitch move, you decide on option one.

                “No, well, actually yeah.  That’d be nice.”  You smile and Harry stands up to lift up the duvet before sliding under and wrapping his arms around you again.  Snuggling closely, you rest your head on Harry’s toned chest, placing a kiss on his lips before settling down.  His hand trails up and down your back slowly, making your eyelids droop quickly.

                “Good night baby,”  Harry whispers.