CHAPTER 16

Meliorn, Jace and Abby were in a forest. Jace held Abby's hand because according to him, this forest could be dangerous and that there were traps that she would not necessarily see. Meliorn explained to them that the necklace she was wearing was actually a piece from another dimension and that thanks to it, it could lead them to Valentine.
Abby wasn't really listening to what Meliorn was saying. She was too fascinated by what she saw. She was on fairy land, she had read so many stories about fairies, when she was younger, the pretty fairy tales where they were kind and teenage, or fairies were more often described as vicious, cruel, selfish but also extremely beautiful just like their magic. Abby already knew that they couldn't lie, but liked to trap people. Abby hoped very much that the fairies in real life did not play on the innocence of humans or even less than in the books.
The three arrived in front of a large round door in the middle of the forest. Meliorn made Jace and Abbigael promise to keep this secret to themselves. The Enclave must not have known that the fairies had the secret of the dimensional portals. Jace and Abbigael sat down while Meliorn began to prepare the portal.
-How is your relationship with your mother? Jace asked.
-What? Abby replied.
-When we went to Simon's mother with Clary, she asked Clary if there was a problem between you and your mother, implying that you often had arguments.
-When I started training with my dad, I constantly had access to computers and wanted to know everything about the one who was supposed to be my dad. So I did my research in databases that are supposed to have everything, and I found out thathe didn't exist. And it pissed me off, but I couldn't tell, otherwise Clary would have found out. So any other topic was a good reason to get angry.
Jace didn't answer anything, there was nothing to answer. At the end of the day, Meliorn finally opens the portal.
-It was Abbigael who managed to mobilize the wolves and the vampires, and it was Abbigael who detached me. My service is only important to her, I will send you there only if it is necessary.
Abby reassured Jace and gave him the mortal cup.
-You'll have to be very careful, and not forget where you came from. You could get lost there, mentally I mean.
-It shouldn't be too difficult, she slipped into Jace's ear.
She made her way to the portal. There was a play of colors and feelings in front of her. She entered the portal without turning around.

The wolves were all at the restaurant. Luke had recently set up a day where they all got together to chat and say what was going on. All the wolves began to sniff the air, smelling the smell of vampires. They got up from their seats and were ready to attack. Alaric got up and went to the front door to face the vampire who was outside. When the door opened, Simon was standing in front of Alaric. He, too, had begun to be treated differently since he had become a vampire. As soon as the other wolves saw him, they growled at him, except Luke, who asked him to sit next to him, followed by Clary, who had not stopped holding his hand since they had arrived. Simon explained to Luke that he was there to tell him that he had been appointed to do all the communications between the vampires and the werewolves. Simon and Clary decided to stay at the Wolf Jade because Simon did not consider Raphael to be a good mentor. So it was Luke who taught him how to become a good vampire.

Alec was chatting when he saw his sister come back to the Institute in the morning.
"Where the fuck were you?"he asked.
"Where do you think I was, far from you and your fiancé," Isabelle replied.
"Jace and Abbigael haven't set foot in the Institute, listen, I can't protect you if you don't tell me the truth."
"I don't need to be protected. Meliorn is fine that's all that matters," she began when Alec stopped her.
"Is there any chance that a shadowhunter saw you last night during the attack?"
The two siblings turned their heads at the same time to watch one of the guards being questioned by Lydia.
Alec kept answering questions about Meliorn's rescue while Isabelle kept trying to find Valentine and see if there was anything new. Lydia gently approached Alec and apologized, one of the guards who was there during the attack the day before stood behind Isabelle and held her arm so that she could not leave.
"Isabelle Lightwood you are under arrest for treason. I'll let you give us your step and follow us."She unwittingly gave her stele to the guard and followed Lydia who locked her in the office.

Abby went through the portal and went into the body of her double. She was in her kitchen setting the table for breakfast. Valentine came into the room and greeted her daughter. As soon as Abby saw him, her heart began to beat faster, then she took the small knife that was in front of her and put it under her throat. He laughed and played the game by raising his hands in the air. Abby had never seen him in person, but he seemed less terrifying than what people said about him.
"Wow, I really need to come to one of your cosplay events to see what you're doing there".
"What did I tell you Val, leave her alone for a bit, our daughter is big let her fly away". Abby ran and took her mother in her arms. "If you miss us so much, you should come back more often".