CHAPTER 8

They all returned to the institute, without too much concern for why, Abby felt the effects of the silent city and not Clary.

Jace put Abby in the infirmary because on the last few meters she did ontt been able to walk without faint, He gave her a tea so that she could regain her strength then he disinfected the pleasure put a bondage and left her after she fell asleep and joined the others. Alec and Izzi were laughing, Clary decided to go looking for Simon by herself, they were there laughing at their vampire hunting anecdote while Simon, a defenseless mundain, had been kidnapped, Clary couldnt stand it any more they spent their time saying that it was stronger than humans and that it was their job to save them but when it comes to saving one he complains and laughs. Isabelle managed to hold her by calmly explaining to her what would happen, and the risk taht they can both died and that could destroy her sister. They made a plan to enter the DuMort hotel to find Simon who had been kidnapped by the Camile Bellecour clan.

Camille is a vampire known to the enclave for helping shadowhunter defeat Alexei De Quincey in London during the 1800s, she is also known for having a romantic relationship with a werewolf, who died shortly thereafter. They went to a cemetery, looking for a tomb named after a woman named Mayor Milligan to arm themselves, they could not use the institute because if Hodge knew he would have to bring it back to the Clave. Jace explained to Clary that in every religious place there was a tomb filled with weapons, and that centuries back all religion recognized the shadowhunters for their work. Izzi left after receiving a message, she glanced at Clary and said something with a smile on her lips that Clary had not heard before leaving. Clary understood that she was too much between Jace and Alec who obviously needed to talk and left in search of the famous tomb, the cemetery was very poorly lit and there was a clean air to all the cemeteries.

-I can I know why were doing all this,,asked Alec.

-Because the mundain has been kidnapped, we cant leave him in the hands of vampires, I know you prefer to do according to the Clave, but in this situation, the more time we waste, the more likely he is to kill or transform him. And Simons not very smart, hes not gonna resist the charm of vampires, not even their magic.

-Yes, but we have rules and procedures to follow, we cant do what we want Jace, and when are we going to tell the Clave that Valentins girls are at the institute.

-What will the Enclave do, it will be unfair to punish them for the crimes of Valentine when they were not even born, after calming down he asked: Why are you so suspicious with them, your family has always welcomed strangers, you have welcomed me.

-Youve never been a stranger, said Alec, without thinking.

Alec and Jace could not finish their conversation Clary had found the tomb, they joined one more delighted than the other. After a search of the tomb opened with a stele, the tomb had no bow or arrow, he decided to return to the institute, to take his own.

Alec had been at the institute for an hour to prepare his arrows and bow for the fight. Alec heard a noise as someone fell and looked it was Abbigaël who had just stumbled and caught up on a chair, he quickly straightened himself to see if she was okay but she looked in the opposite direction followed by Hodge, While Hodge was not looking at Alec or Abby, she took the opportunity to signal Alec to leave. What he did, after a slight smile in his direction he went through the back door while Hodge had his back turned. Her sister sent him a message about how to enter the DuMort Hotel and then joined her inside in old colors filled with pipes and very dark, vampires not needing light.

Jace took Clary to a bar not far from the institute for a mini training of her second sight. At first Clary thought he had just taken her to a simple bar, but after she was told to look deeper she realized that it was a bar full of vampires who drank blood either in a glass or then in someones neck, arm. While Clary watched the different vampires wondering if the people who were drinking each others blood were consenting. Jace arrived and took her by the arm and told her they were leaving. Jace had stolen a motorcycle from a vampire, the two climbed on Clary was embarrassed and did not know where to stand, she timidly put her hands around his waist, she had never been physically close to a man. After a few meters the bike started to take off from the ground and to fly in the areas, Clary did not see much she was petrified of fear and curled up in the back of Jace. When they landed on the roof of the DuMort hotel, she vomited, which made Jace laugh.

-Next time you could warn me, Im dizzy, said Clary, a little vomiting.

-Come on we had fun, no ?and you have to learn to physically take more than a human.

Jace runed Clary, to mask her breath and step sounds while warning her that vampires can still smell her blood. As they walked towards the entrance, he explained to her what a vampires bite was doing to a mortal, like falling in love or taking drugs Jace was not making any difference. While Alec and Izzi sought a diversion to attract vampires, Jace and Clary snuck into the hotel as discreetly as possible to avoid detection.

Simon was locked in a dark room, filled with tombs, screaming that he wanted to go out and that he wouldnt tell anyone. A man opening the door of the room he was in. He was dressed in a black tie suit that took him to a living room or was full of collectibles which intrigued Simon who began to play with what the vampire disliked. Simon saw a knife and seized the opportunity and threw it at the vampire. The latter removed the blade painlessly and sneered at Simons attempt and ended up making a remark about his new costume but did not have time to finish it because a young woman just came into the room. She was tall, very thin, dressed in a golden and black dress that spanked out her long black brown hair. The vampire named Raphael left the room and left Camille with Simon. She was pretty welcoming for a vampire who just kidnapped Simon. She offered him several glasses of a juice of what seemed a little thick red fruit, Simon found it very tasty. After a few hours Camille who had done that of flirting with the young earthly, they were now kissing each other very languidly, when Simon without really knowing why explained to Camille that a sorcerer with erased the memories of Clary and Abby. 'Magnus' swore. She and Simon had to leave the shadowhunter on the way, she could smell it. Camille left Raphael and Simon together and fled.

When Jace, Alec, Isabelle and Clary arrived Raphael put his knife on Simons throat and told them to leave, while showing them the way out, and before leaving Raphael warned them not to return to the territory of vampires. When they arrived outside and Raphael had finally released Simon, Clary took him in her arms. Simon was in shock and feeling weird, it was as if he had been drinking and stopped feeling the effects of alcohol and came to his senses.

Published the 13rd october 2022

Word: 1323