Friends

Chris POV

"Ok I give"
Kia laughs while placing the ice down. I can't help but laugh too.
"Truce?"
She nods and sits down on the edge of the bath. She rubs her knee.
"You okay?"
"Yeah, just aching is all"
"Sorry"
"No don't be. That's the most laughs I've had in a while"
"Me too"
She giggles "you were always the one to make me laugh"

"It's a gift"
She laughs more and then slowly stands, as she goes to walk I see her leg give way, I quickly catch her. Her face so close to mine, I can't help but get lost in her beautiful brown eyes. I place my hand on her cheek and run my thumb along her cheek bone.  She leans into me, I find comfort in having her in my arms again. As I go to lean in I hear my phone ring.
"I better get that. You going to be okay?"
"Yeah I'll be fine" she moves away from me and holds onto the counter.

I run into my room and grab my phone, it's my Ma.
"Hey Ma"
"Hey sweetie, you still coming over today?"
"Yes I am. Just helping Kia at the moment"
"Really?"
"Yeah her leg was hurting so I offered my bath tub as it's bigger for an ice bath"
"How nice of you"
"I am nice"
"Bring Kia with you"
"I don't know Ma"
"Please"
"I'll ask okay"
"Okay. See you soon"

I hang up and see Kia limping out of the bathroom, I can see the pain in her eyes.
"That was Ma, I'm heading over to hers soon"
"Right. Yeah of course I'll head back. I'll just get a cab"
"Kia"
"It's okay. I might need some dry clothes though" she laughs. She goes to walk past me, I hold her hand to stop her moving.
"Kia?"
She turns, looking down at my hand around hers.
"Ma wants to know if you wanna come with me"
"She does?"

I nod "she's missed you"
"I've missed her too. All of you"
I smile at her "come on. I'll get you some clothes"
"Thank you"
I hand her some sweat pants and a hoodie and a vest top.
She smiles and lets out a little giggle as I pass them to her.
"What?"
"I'm shocked you still have these"
I look at her a little confused before I look down and realise what I handed her.
"I didn't even realise guess it's just a reflex"

"Well they were always my favourite"
I smile at her remembering all the times I would see her walking around in those exact pieces of clothing. Remembering how I loved seeing her in my clothes.
"Well I'll give you some privacy and just shout if you need help to get down the stairs"
"Okay. Thanks Evans"
"Your welcome Bennet"
I make my way down and head into the kitchen. Having Kia here felt normal, we would always mess around and have so much fun together.

I don't understand how I didn't get her letter if she left it in my room. Maybe it fell and it's still in my room. When I get to Ma's house I'm going to go have a look. I want to know if what she said she wrote is true. I hear Kia limping down the stairs and as I look up, I see her in my clothes. Remembering the reasons I fell in love with this woman. The reasons I'm still in love with this woman.