4

I drove to the location where Pablo was and he got into the car.

"So where will we go?" Pablo asked.

"I thought you have something in mind because you wanted to hang out."

"I don't" he smiled at me.

"Well, then we can go to mine. My dad isn't there" I said and I heavily inhaled. I saw on him that he wanted to ask on something, but he didn't.

We were quiet the whole time. We arrived at my home and we went in.

"It's not big, but it's nice here" I said.

"Yeah, it's pretty" he said and took off his jacket.

"Amalia? Are you okay? I wanted to ask you in the car, but I felt like it's not a good idea."

"Umm, I..." I tried to hold my tears back.

He looked at me and he hugged me. He kinda knew that I needed that. I burst into tears.

"It's okay" he said.

"I am sorry. I just ..." I said.

"Hey, let's sit down" he said and put his arm around me.

"I didn't tell anyone besides my boss, but my dad is sick. Today I had to call an ambulance" I said and I whipped my tears off my face.

"I am so sorry Ams. I appreciate that you told me. I know that we don't know each other, but this must be really hard for you and I want you to know that I am here for you, even though you don't know me. Is it okay if I call you Ams?" he said and I shaked my head.

"Thank you and here" I said and I searched for my wallet.  I gave him money for the groceries that he paid for yesterday.

"Keep it, I don't want it."

"No please, take it."

"No Ams, I am not taking it."

"Fine, but next time you go to the restaurant, you have food on me."

"Okay" he smiled.

We talked and we laughed. I got a chance to know him a bit more and it was great. We watched a movie together on Netflix.

"It' getting late, will you take me home ?" he asked me.

"Do you want to stay here? You could sleep in my bed."

"Okay then" he smiled.

"I will go take a shower" I said and I went to the bathroom.

After a while I got back and I heated up the food that José gave me. And we ate together. We watched a serial and I made us a popcorn.

"So when are you doing your driving license?"

"I am doing it now, but soon I will be done. Hopefully I will get it."

"I am sure you will" I smiled at him.

"Do you want to bake some cookies?" he asked me.

"Of course. You know how to make them?"

"Me and Pedri sometimes bake them when we are bored" he said.

"Oh, okay. Who's Pedri?"

"That guy who was in the restaurant with me."

"Oh, I remember now. He seemed sweet."

"He really is. He is like my brother."

"That's cute. Let's start making the cookies" I said and we started making them.

We had fun together. And we talked a lot about everything. Of course not like the deep talk, but the small talk.

"They are amazing!" I said as we watched another serial in the TV.

"Yes, they are."

When we finished he went to my room and I went to lay on the couch. After a while when he came for the water, he saw me laying on the couch and he took me to my bed and went to lay on the couch instead of me.