Chapter 40

"Fautrisis!"

"On it!"

You and Tokoyami were sent to handle a robbery while Hawks solved another problem nearby. There were two guys so you took one each.

Hawks came to the crime scene as soon as he was done but you already restrained the two of them.

"Good job, guys." He said, impressed. "The police will take them from here. Let's go back to the agency for the paperwork."

It's been too long since you felt so happy. You know basically everything from your life, you are at peace with your parents, you finally have your brother by your side. Well, that's for just a few more days.

Unfortunately, Kyushu is not that near Musutafu. That's fine; you'll visit sometimes and if he has the time he will visit, as well. You can also talk over the phone. It's enough that you found him.

Everything in your life is starting to change in a good way.

"Nagata, can you come with me for a minute?" Hawks said, walking towards his office.

"Sure." You follow him, closing the door behind you once you enter. "What's up?"

"First, something that slipped my mind yesterday; you haven't talked to Tokoyami about..." He pointed at you and back at him.

"Oh, no, I didn't," You say. "I figured you wouldn't want anyone to know, yet."

"Good," He nods. "The only person who knows is Asami, you're safe with her but for now, don't share it with anyone else, okay?"

Oh? So, Asami knows, huh? You need to test a small theory about them, at some point.

"I won't, don't worry."

"Not even your boyfriend," He sits down in his chair. "I don't care how much you trust him."

You frown your eyebrows because of confusion. "I don't have a boyfriend."

"Whatever Katsuki Bakugo is to you, I don't trust him."

"Oh my God, Katsuki is not my boyfriend," You pinch your nose. "Besides, you don't even know him."

"That's precisely why I don't trust him." He said with a smile.

"Whatever," You roll your eyes, taking a seat. "Any other issues besides trust?"

"I see your sense of sarcasm didn't change either." You shrug your shoulders. "If this isn't still a taboo for you, I would like to know about the USJ from your point of view."

Not the USJ again.

"I thought Tokoyami already told you the details," You say. "Besides, why are you so obsessed with the USJ incident?"

"Because I'm investigating the case?"

"Why?"

"You're asking a hero why he is investigating a case that involves a team full of villains which attacked a famous hero school?"

He's right, that was a stupid question. You look the other direction, avoiding his gaze, and bite your lip while you fidget with your fingers.

It's not that you don't want to tell him. That attack is still fresh in your memory and after you were separated, you didn't like the way things ended.

"Y/n," He said as an order to look at him, leaning in. "You may have been six when I last saw you but I can still read you. There is something you don't want to tell me." He stood up, standing in front of you, kneeling down and holding your hands. "You don't trust me?"