19

I awoke the next morning to Yukio's laughter shaking the bed. I groaned, readjusting myself and trying to grab onto the blankets. My hands were left empty and I searched around for warmth. My fingers found a sleeping Kuro and I pulled him to my chest, curling into a ball in the process as my tail wrapped around him. He let out a content sigh and I relaxed into the mattress. After a few moments, my familiar started to purr softly. His warmth soaking through my shirt as he nuzzled against my chest. A small smile pulled at my lips and I hummed.

I didn't know how long afterward, but at some point Yukio woke me up. I yawned and stretched, the black feline next to me doing the same. I rubbed my eyes and sat up in bed, peering through my sleepy eyes at my twin. He had a playful grin on his face and my eyes wandered over to Bon. They were both dressed for the day. I checked the alarm clock and realized with a groan that it was after noon. With another yawn, I pushed myself off the bed and walked toward the closet. I pulled out some casual attire and started to change. It was a bit awkward to change in front of Suguro. Even in gym class I still preferred to disrobe in solitude. Not that it truly mattered, he knew what laid underneath the fabric, I just wasn't comfortable showing my scars.

Once changed I turned back to our small group. Bon was sitting lazily on Yukio's bed, and said brother was sitting on the desk chair. They were discussing what the plans were today. Since Suguro-san had been a huge help to Yukio by spending the night with me, he offered to buy him lunch. Bon said he didn't have any preferences and two pairs of eyes went to me. I shrugged, about to mention a cheap fast food place down the road when my ears twitched. My brows furrowed and I concentrated on the sound. Footsteps were approaching us, and at a high pace. Soon after, the bedroom door swung open.

Pink hair flashed into the room. My twin shot up to stand before Shima, grabbing his shoulders and asking him to calm down. Brown eyes flashed to me and I saw panic in his expression. He pulled away from my brother's grasp and took a step toward me. He bent forward, bowing as he gasped to regain his breath. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!"

Shock and confusion spanned my features and I shook my head. "What are you going on about? What are you sorry for?"

He lifted his head and guilt laced his words as he met my eyes. "I'm so sorry, Okumura-san." I bit my tongue, now was not the time to tell him to drop the honorifics. "I was going to send the picture to Shiemi, but I accidentally sent it to someone else."

I felt utterly lost and I glanced around at the others to hopefully fill me in. They looked just as fearful as Shima, however, and didn't seem too keen on getting me up to speed. I sighed, exasperated, "sent what to who?"

"I sent that photo of you to someone from my day classes!" He was so anxious, he appeared to be on the brink of a panic attack. I ground my teeth together. Okay, so there's one half of the question answered. But just what photo was he talking about? Why was he so upset? I got a gnawing feeling in my chest and I turned to my twin. He sighed and took a few steps toward me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Listen," I nodded - I'd been doing nothing but listen, but Shima seemed useless at answering my questions. "Earlier, Suguro-san took a picture of us together. It wasn't supposed to be mean, or be used as blackmail or anything. I've seen it, it's a good photo." He was stalling for time, and he brought his free hand up to rub his chin. "He actually sent it to me, too. It'll be a good memory."

"Just tell me, already." I ground out and he sighed, deflating slightly. He dropped his hand from my shoulder and grabbed my bare arm, holding it up in front of me. I stared down at my arm, the gears turning in my head. Suddenly, it clicked and my eyes snapped up to his, then Bon's and finally over to where Shima stood. He flinched under my gaze and gave me an apologetic look. This photo that Bon took, with me in it, bare arms... Shima has it, he meant to send it to Shiemi, but miss-clicked. My anxiety spiked and my eyes flickered across everyone in the group. "Wait, wait, wait. You're telling me that he-" I thrust my finger toward Renzo-san, "just sent of photo of me to someone not in cram school?" I settled my wide eyes on the boy in question. "Who the hell did you send it to?!"