11

Damn, none of you wanna post comments on this story. It makes me sad because I live for the energy in those comments, haha. Let's see if we can spice it up with some romance.

... please comment, I'm lonely.

.oOo.

"Rin-kun," Izumo asked from beside me, and I turned my attention toward her. Shortly after the new year, Adachi-sensei had rearranged our seats. He wanted to have a few students who had been struggling closer to the front. While I appreciated his effort as a teacher, I couldn't help but feel sorry for Renzo-san as he had basically been called out. My new seat was much closer to the back, and Kamiki-chan had been stationed beside me. My eyes met hers and she cleared her throat quietly, doing her best not to draw our teacher's attention. "Can you help me with our Pharm homework?"

I blinked in surprise, but nodded in response. "Yeah, sure, but why do you want my help?" Surely she could ask someone else. Hell, she could simply ask Yukio to explain it her. My eyes wandered to to other side of the room, my eyes landing on Suguro. "Bon has the highest grades in class, I'm sure he could explain it better."

She did her best to conceal her sneer, but I still caught onto it. "Idiot, I don't sit next to him in any classes." Ah, I suppose that would make things a bit more difficult. "And," she continued, "he has the highest grades in most classes, not all. You're not far behind him, right? And you understand Okumura-sensei's class better than anyone else."

She wasn't wrong. Over the last couple months I'd somehow managed to climb may way up toward the top of the class. The only one who sat above me was Suguro-san. However, I held no ill-will toward him for it, he was far smarter than I was, and had earned his spot. As for her statement about my grade in Yukio's class, it couldn't be helped. My brother basically drilled the information into me. He would hover over my shoulder as I did my homework. Shaking his head or humming in approval at my answers. It was only natural I'd excel with that kind of pressure.

She snapped her fingers in front of my face and I blinked, her expression slightly pissed with how I zoned out on her. I had to hold back my scoff. What a bitch. After I thought of it, I realized I didn't mean it with any sort of disdain. Actually, I was quite fond of her snarky attitude. She was very forward, and didn't say or do anything that she didn't mean. It was quite admirable.

"Well?" She quipped, and a small smile pulled at my mouth.

I snickered, "you're so bold, I like it. Yeah, I can help you."

Her eyes widened and the beginnings of a blush flooded her cheeks. Her feistiness was something to be appreciated, however, it seems as though no one really told her just how tenacious she was because of it. I wondered just how often she was complimented, and just how much it would take to make her shy.

I cast a few wayward glances her way as class droned on. I must not have been discreet because she caught my gaze eventually. We both jerked our heads away from each other and I felt my face warm.

The bell rang and she scurried to gather her things. "U-Um," she stammered, and I turned to look at her, chewing on my lip. "Can we meet after cram?" She turned to look away from me, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. The action made butterflies swirl in my stomach.

Jesus Christ, Okumura. A girl asks for your help and you go all soft?

I pushed my palm into my fluttering stomach, putting on a aloof front. "Yeah, my place? It's nice and quiet there."

Her eyes widened and she shot me an incredulous look. "Usually, one would suggest the library; which is just as quiet, stupid." I flinched at her words, realizing just how dumb my offer had been. She sighed, her cheeks a flaming pink hue, "but fine, it's not like the library will have any books we will need, anyway. What room number are you?"