𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐞

★彡ʀᴇᴀʟ ʟɪғᴇ > sᴏᴄɪᴀʟ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴀ > ɪᴍᴇssᴀɢᴇs彡★

as julia sits on the bathroom floor, sobbing, she is startled by the doorknob rattling.

"julia please come out, im sorry," ava pleads through the door.

julia rolls her eyes, wiping the tears with the sleeves of matt hoodie she's wearing. she stands up, clutching her phone in her hand and unlocks the door. as soon as she opens it, she wishes she hadnt. ava's body softens at the sight of her crying best friend.

"aw jules im sorry. i never should have commented on your realationship, when i didnt even witness the breakup," she says softly, wrapping her arms around julias neck. julia didnt return the hug, as she was trying to hold back more tears.

"you know that im always here for you right?" she says letting go of the hug.

"i know," she mumbles. julia knows that ava has been there for her since third grade, but she cant help thinking of how she wishes matt was here right now instead of her. and it eats at her, making her feel even more guilty.

"we can change the topic," ava says sweetly, trying to distract julia.

"i need to tell you something, but you cant be mad," julia begins.

"yeah, of course. anything," ava replies quickly.

she thinks for a moment, wondering if she should tell ava about her reason encounter with her brother, james. julia knew that she only needed a distraction from matt, but it didnt make her want to say yes any less. she knew if she was going to go out with james, she had to be completely honest with ava, from the stretch.

"i bumped into james on the way to the bathroom, i think im going to go out to lunch with him," she says calmly, waiting for a reaction.