Part 29

Scarlett's POV

Ouch. What the heck is that digging into my ribs and why is it waking me up at this ungodly hour? What? Is that screaming?

Bolting upright I snap into action as I realise Archer is thrashing around next to me, her foot previously lodged into my ribs now bouncing against the mattress as she kicks the air. A terrified "NO" echoes throughout the room as she thrashes. "Archer, baby" I try, not wanting to touch her in case that makes it worse, although not even repeating the words louder can get through to her so I guess I'm going to have to try shaking her awake. As soon as my hands grab her shoulders her thrashing increases, muffled sobs slipping past her lips as she fights against me as I try my harder to wake her. "NO. SCARLY. NO. DON'T DO IT. LEAVE HER ALONE. SHOOT ME INSTEAD. KILL ME NOT HER. SHOOT ME. NOOOOOOOO. SCARLETT" is screamed at a volume I had no idea she was capable of. Her words break my heart, although I don't get much time to ponder them as she wakes up abruptly, pushing my hands off her as she scrambles out of bed and into the toilet.

Not even a second later I am running to follow her as I hear her gagging, a frown crossing my face as I see her sprawled across the floor emptying her guts. Poor baby doesn't stop until she physically can't go on, so I just rub her back softly, holding her hair back in the hopes of calming her slightly. This is the worst I have ever seen her, I mean she has never had a nightmare this bad before and the things she was screaming have me seriously worried about what she was thinking of. She hadn't even had time to wash her face when someone was knocking on the trailer door, making me slightly confused since it's got to be close to three in the morning.

Archer seems to be reacting purely on instincts, which I recognise is a bad thing, seconds too late, as she legs it out of the toilets and to the trailer door. Given the severity of her nightmare just now and her past, I should have known that she would misinterpret the knocks for something far more sinister than they are. As soon as it hits me what is about to happen I am up and running to the door, frowning when I see the sight in front of me.

Seb is flat on his back looking slightly stunned, while Evans is holding both hands up trying to talk to Archer, Mackie hiding behind him while holding his stomach and groaning. I think it is safe to say Archer is definitely out of it right now since it is obvious she has attached the guys, although there is no doubt in my mind that this was an accident. Archer would never hurt anyone here on purpose. 

I pull her towards me right as she went to hit Chris, her arm winding back to hit me in the face as I'm crouched to her level, although it stops inches from my face. I can see it in her eyes the second her vision clears and she realises what is happening. The fear, the pain, the guilt, all swirling in her eyes as silent tears start to stream down her face. I don't say anything, because nothing will help her right now. So instead I pull her into my chest, letting her face dig into my neck as she breaks down into sobs. My heart breaks as she shatters.

Keeping her close to me I move to stand, swaying on my spot as I continue to cradle Archer, in a failing attempt to calm Archer. "Sorry guys, she clearly didn't know it was you lot" I explain to the guys, who are still standing here stunned. Chris seems to snap back to reality fist as he shakes his head. "We were just on our way back to our trailers from the green room when we heard her screaming, we just wanted to make sure everything is ok" he explained, making me hum. I knew she was screaming loudly, but I had no idea she was that loud. The thought makes the pain in my chest increase, which I didn't currently think was possible.

"Is she ok?" Seb asks, making me sigh. Of course, she isn't ok. But how do I say that to him when Archer refuses to acknowledge that? I was about to say something along those lines when Archer started coughing violently into my shoulder, making me forget all about the boys as my eyes snapped down to her. I thought maybe she was struggling to breathe because of all her crying, so went to cup her check in an attempt to get her to look at me. What I wasn't expecting was for her face to feel like molten lava as I cupped it. "Oh my God, baby you are burning up" I mumble, quickly moving my hand from her cheek to her forehead, hissing slightly as I feel just how warm she is.