Part 28

Archer's POV

I am so tired, but I know all I have left to-to today is this last stunt and then I can go back to set and cuddle with Scarlett. Honestly, that is the only thought that still has me going because that nap on the minivan was rudely interrupted by another nightmare about Daddy and the squad so it didn't really help make me feel better as much as I was hoping. On the plus side when I woke up Scarlett was right there and she gave me twenty minutes of amazing cuddle time so I weight it all up with a pinch of salt really. As bad as the nightmares are, I know they aren't real and the second I am awake they don't seem that scary anymore, since I have lived through the real thing and whatnot. I just need to find a way to tell myself that while I am asleep. 

Even if they were the most terrifying thing I had ever seen, which sometimes it feels like they are, a hug from Scarlett can fix anything because her hugs are magical. I honestly don't think there is a single thing that couldn't be fixed by getting a hug from Scarlett. That is how amazing her hugs are. So just imagine the power of cuddle time with her, I strongly believe she could create world peace if she went around and hugged everyone. Although selfishly I don't want her to do that because I want her to give me all her hugs, I don't want to have to share her with the rest of the world.

I could tell that Scarlett is nervous about this last stunt and in all honestly so am I a little, but I mean I think I should be fine. Daddy and the squad had several talks with the guy in charge of this stunt and they all talked through safety protocol and all this other boring stuff I was supposed to be listening to, but in the end, they all seemed confident that this is safe and I'll be able to do it, so Scarlett doesn't have much to worry about. I have practised this part the most but never fully because, well they didn't want to go through all the faff while practising. So I am anxious to see how this goes. As long as I stay on my mark and do everything I'm supposed to do this should be easy really. At the end of the day, I just have to tread water and bob up and down a bit while pulling some expressive faces. Simple when you think about it.

"Alright AJ, we have everything set up so that we can potentially get this in one take since it is a bit difficult to retake. If something goes wrong you remember what you are to shout?" He asks, speaking into his megaphone which is unnecessary but who am I to tell him that? I nod my head eagerly, remembering the word I have to shout if I need help. Originally I was just supposed to yell stop but I thought that was boring so Joe said I could pick any word I liked instead as long as I remembered it. "You have to say it for us AJ, so we are sure you know it and to remind everyone else that if they hear this word they are to help end the stunt immediately" he replies making me huff, "SING" I yell, picking my favourite movie since there is no way I would ever have to say the sing in this film, especially not this scene that would just be weird. I can see Scarlett chuckling from over here, making me huff as I tread water, quickly getting bored of staying in this one spot. "Alright AJ, just like we practised, ok? Perfect and three...two...one...Action" at his words I sank under the water counting to five Mississippis, knowing that when the time was up we were actually starting.

The water was still, an empty yacht, that just scream rich bad guy, bobbling up and down against the waves soft waves, not a person to be seen, at least there wasn't until there was. An exhausted and battered-looking Nika broke the surface as she gulped for air before looking up at something, only to mumble in Russian as shots started to fire at the water, making the small assassin sink back into the icy seas. That wouldn't have been a problem until Nika noticed a black substance mixing along the top of the ocean, the trail leading back to the boat the Hydra agents had been on, the one Nika had been on until those idiots pushed them all overboard.

 One of the shots from the helicopter must have hit the boat's fuel chamber, causing petrol to spill into the cold depths. Now Nika is no environmental nut, no that isn't what she was worried about. She was worried about the very thing she is watching happen. A  shot flies through the air landing in the fuel, a sickening feeling of fear visibly worrying the normally stone-cold killer, as the fuel sets a light and fire starts to spread around her. A load explosion rocked the seas and forced her under as parts of the yacht were flung in every direction. A fire started to slowly dance against the waves.