Part 35

Scarlett's POV

New York City never fails to amaze me with its vibrant energy. It's a city that holds so many old and new memories. Today, it's buzzing with excitement as I navigate the bustling streets with Archer. It's been a few days since we went house hunting, and it is becoming clear that Archer loves it here. Although we have learnt the hard way that when walking around in New York, headphones are a must for Archer since there is always so much going on.

Now, as we explore the streets of New York, I'm filled with anticipation and joy as I prepare Archer to meet the rest of our family. She has only met Hunter so far, who has been a loving and supportive uncle to her. Ever since their hide-and-seek game, it has become clear that the two are trouble together, but the best kind. Watching them together is a fantastic feeling. But there's a whole clan of talented and caring individuals waiting to welcome her with open arms, or at least I'm hoping so.

Maybe I should have had Archer meet them individually. Still, they were all so excited, and after finding out that she had already met Hunter, agreeing to go out for dinner with everyone seemed like the easiest way for them all to meet. If I hadn't agreed to this, there was a good chance they would all drop by unannounced; my mom has been dying to meet Archer ever since I mentioned her. Which happened after the first week of knowing Archer.

I glance at Archer, her eyes wide with wonder as she takes in the sights and sounds of the city, her head bopping as she listens to Taylor Swift, who is, without a doubt, her favourite singer. I can't help but smile at her excitement as she plays hopscotch on the sidewalk. Although my smile wavers slightly when I have to jog slightly to catch her, grabbing her hand in mine when she yet again tries to run across the road when she sees a dog.

If there is one thing I have learned since we came to New York, it's that if Archer sees a dog, she is going to try and pet it no matter what. I am honestly considering getting her one in the hopes that it will lower the risk of her running away every time we walk down the street. I would typically drive everywhere, but Archer has been a bundle of energy ever since we got here, so we have been walking whenever possible in an attempt to keep her mellow.

"Archer, baby, today you're going to meet the rest of our family," I say, my voice filled with a mixture of excitement and reassurance. "They're all incredible people, just like you, and I know you're going to love them. Uncle Hunter is going to be there too. So if it all gets too much, you can come to either of us, and we will help you, ok? We can either leave, or you can take a break. You just let me know, and I will help you, ok baby? This is all on your terms."

Archer looks up at me, her eyes flickering with a mix of nerves and anticipation. I take her hand in mine, squeezing it gently to provide comfort. I understand how overwhelming it can be to meet new people, especially when they hold such significance in our lives.

"I promise, Archer, they're going to adore you," I continue, my voice filled with genuine warmth and assurance. "They've been waiting eagerly to meet the talented young actress who has stolen my heart. You bring something truly special to our family."

As Archer and I approach my childhood home, my heart quickens with a mix of anticipation and nostalgia. It's been a while since I last visited, and today holds a special significance as I introduce Archer to my extended family. This gathering brings together generations, a tapestry of love and shared experiences.

We step through the front door, and I'm immediately enveloped in a sense of warmth and familiarity. The scent of home-cooked meals wafts through the air, making my stomach growl in anticipation. Archer clings to my hand, her eyes wide with curiosity as she takes in the sights and sounds of my childhood abode.