Part 15

Archer's POV

I was sitting in the back with Flo for the ride back to set. I think Scarlett wanted to sit with me, she seemed a bit worried since I fell out of the trolly, which is silly since I have done things a lot more stupid than that, but Flo declared our time out is officially over so there it's her turn. Lizzie watched the whole thing with amusement in her eyes while I sucked on one of the sweeties Scarlett had given me, which are called jolly ranchers. Eventually, Flo won her and Scarlett's little play fight over me and as a compromise, I am sleeping over in Scarlett's trailer tonight after dinner so that we can have loads of cuddles and watch movies just the two of us, sounds like I am winning at life today.

"Can we swing by the bank real quick? I totally forgot I had to go sign some stuff for my American card to start working and I am sick of the exchange rates on mine" Flo asked as we play Miss Mop in the back seat, me mumbling the words softer so the other three can talk. "Sure, which bank?" Lizzie agrees easily and before long we are pulling into another car park. "Do you want to stay in the car Squirt? I shouldn't be long" Flo offered although I was in sudden need of the toilet so shook my head in protest. "Can I come in with you, please? I need the toilet and I don't think I can hold it" I mumbled shyly, making Flo smile softly at me "sure thing Squirt. The other two are going to stay out here to try and avoid gaining attention, will you be ok running in by yourself while I get the paperwork sorted or do you want me to come with?" Flo asked, helping me out of the car as I waved bye to Scarlett and Lizzie with a loopy smile. I really like sweeties. "I can go by myself, just point me in the right direction please" I decide when I notice the bank is fairly empty. This way I shouldn't have to wait around for Flo for long.

Catching my reflection in the mirror, while washing my hands, I suddenly understood what Scarlett was flapping about earlier. I do have a pretty impressive bump on my forehead and it is already turning a nice deep purple so I am sure it is going to be there for a while, which is great because filming starts next week. I hope I don't get in trouble with Kevin, maybe I can wear a bandanna or something to hide it. Speaking of hiding it I can't believe Flo made me take my sombrero off before we came in here because I am positive I looked awesome with it on and now I have hat hair, not that I particularly care what my hair looks like.

I was just about to leave the toilets in search of Flo when I heard it. A noise I know off by heart from my time on base, a noise I was hoping I would never hear off of base again. There is no mistaking the sound of a gun going off, the way the bang rings around the walls is so distinct that if I was expecting it I probably could have identified the specific gun the noise was coming from. Although that is definitely not the concern right now. 

Why was there a gun going off in the bank? Well, I feel like there is only one viable answer and it is not a good one, especially since I have no idea where Flo is or if she is ok. Which is my main fear right now. But I can't be scared. Snake says fear is really an acronym. It is about facing everything and rising. I have to rise right now, which means I can not panic. I have done enough training on the base and been involved in enough hostage training exercises to know how to deal with what is happening. First, I need to call for backup, good job I have my phone in my pocket.

Problem. I have no idea how to call for help in the States, I probably should have done that research before coming here. Normally I am on a military base and there is no need to ever call the police there. Note to self learn that for the future. I want to call Scarlett, she seems like the logical person to call, but she will panic the second she finds out so looks like I am giving Lizzie a call. Moving to the stall furthest from the door in the hopes that it will make it harder for anyone to hear I am in here I make the call. 

"AJ? Are you ok? We heard a bang in the bank, what is going on?" Lizzie answers, clearly confused about why I am calling. "Stay calm, don't let Scarlett know what I am about to say. Someone just fired a gun in here. I need you to call for help I don't know the number. I am in the toilets and I don't know where Flo is. I will keep you posted but don't contact me, I can't have anyone hearing my phone. I will ring you when I have an update" I explain quickly and quietly hearing her suck in a deep breath. "AJ, do not do anything stupid" she warns her voice shaking slightly, I know she has started to panic.