18. Animikii's Mercy

"Animikii!" Troy slammed his fists on the door. "Open up, it's Briar!" he shouted, pounding louder. The door flew open and Animikii stood before Troy.

"What did you do to Briar?" He asked.

"I kissed her. She's unconscious because she and Rei had already imprinted. I swear I didn't know that. If u had, I would have never done it!" Troy folded his hands in front of him and looked to the floor.

"I understand. Every wolf is attracted to Kitsune. Some fall in love, but most feel blind devotion. You my friend have been a blessing in disguise with this." Animikii complimented him.

"How do you see that? She's dying! There's nothing that can save a wolf from this." Troy exclaimed, feeling himself slipping into madness.

"Relax, you have not done something that can't be reversed. You have also given me a secret to use against my father and brothers." Animikii said, eyes growing darker showing Troy what happened to cause Briar's reaction.

"Both of them imprinted? At the same time? That's not possible, unless she is a Natural?" Troy asked suspiciously.

"She is just that! Why do you suppose I want to keep her for myself? Power. She has no idea of my true intentions, but she will find out. It will be too late to save her by then. She will be mine." Animikii laughed, looking to Troy. "You have given me a gift tonight. For that I will grant you permission to continue your visits with her, and you will keep up the ruse of your love and adoration."

"How am I to that if this will be the consequences for my feelings? I don't want to hurt her, Animikii. " growling at him.

"Trust me, after we bring her back this will never happen again unless I will it to happen. She will be safe with you." A said.

"Is she going to be ok then?" Troy asked him with wide eyes.

"You need to wear this Amulet whenever you are around her." He said handing him a small gold box. Opening it, he took it out of the box. It was shaped like a large, red, tear drop on a gold chain.

"What does it do?" Troy asked, pulling it over his head.

"This trinket was given to me by my father to wear in case I fell in love with another wolf's mate. When he was younger, my father was ruthless. Then Rosalynn and the twins came into the picture and I was cast out, forgotten because my views on how to rule over the wolves with an iron fist. I believed that the wolves had gotten too soft under this generation of Alphas, so I decided to look at my banishment as a way to find wolves of my own and form the pack that exists today." Animikii smiled.

"You have daddy issues? That's why you're doing this? Fantastic! If I wear this around her, Briar will wake?" Troy asked.

"She must were it. It's to keep your Fang's magic under control. Go, help her. Send your sister to me please? She will be made to help you in your job of seducing young Briar." Animikii chuckled.

"As you wish. Thank you for your assistance." Troy left quickly.
Troy ran smack into Misha. "I told you to stay with Briar. You don't listen to shit, do you? If she gets hurt by anyone, you will partly. Animikii would like to speak with you, he's in there."
Misha shook her head, shocked by Troy's use of his full name, and knocked on the door.

"Enter!" A roared.
_--_--_

Racing back to Briar's room felt like he was running through molasses in January. Picking up on 3 different scents, Troy bristled, placing the amulet around his neck for safe keeping and dashed down the hall, around the corner, and into Briar's room.