chapter 10= North Pole resort!

Y/n's POV

We had landed, and we were now in the presence of a large resort in place of the North Pole. Jack's voice came on the intercom, and he sang.

🎶Welcome all you girls and boys, come on in and build a toy. Mum and dad shall have some fun. My resort's for everyone! There's lots of elves to help you buy santa T-shirts santa size! Lots of rides, so much to do. And Comet's in a petting zoo!
But what's the best of all? What's the best of all? 🎶

My uncle and I watched in disbelief as we saw thousands of kids and adults running around in a place that was supposed to be a secret.

🎶You'll meet santa. Come meet santa! Watch him make his list and check it twice. You get a gift if you've been nice! Meet santa. Come meet santa!
Enjoy the food, the rides, the globes. Come on in and see my show! Buy a ticket, here we go!
HO! HO! HOOO!
Come meet santa! You'll meet santa! Yes, I'm santa!
Ho ho ho ho ho!🎶

The song ended, and my uncle and I looked around at the chaotic pole. Not very happy looking elves wandered around the resort, waving a depressed wave to the visitors.
Then, Jack's voice came on the intercom again, "Try our gingerbread houses. They're Santalicious!"
My uncle and I got tickets and went in and took it all in. The chaos.
The rides being crowded, elves being bombarded with money, it was horror.
The reindeer in the petting zoo with children poking at them brought tears to my eyes. My heart throbbed as Chet bellowed in distress. I sobbed silently. This wasn't MY North Pole.
The secret of the North Pole's location was out to the world.
"Hurry up, dad! Let's go!" A familiar voice chimed.
My uncle and I turned around to see Niel and Lucy. "Come on, I want a ride!" Lucy yelled.
"Lucy! Niel!" My uncle greeted with enthusiasm.
"Hey, guys!" I greeted with hope.
"Scott, Y/n Calvin! Odd place to run into you two!" Niel said.
My uncle and I bent down to Lucy and smiled.
"Luce?" I said, opening my arms.
"What's up, Miss Calvin?" She said.
"Can we please go?" She turned to Niel.
"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! What happened between you and Laura?" I asked, stopping Niel.
"Scott, y/n, I know you think therapy is like witchcraft, but you of all people might consider it!" Niel said, going to walk away.
"Please, please. Just tell us!" My uncle pleaded.
"Maybe you don't really know because you were never around! It shouldn't be any news to you, Scott! You two were never a father or a cousin to Charlie! You put all the pressure on me, and guess what? He didn't want me to be his father! Which messed things up pretty good for me and Laura. Want me to go on, Scott?" Niel finished, and Lucy pulled him away.
"Come on, dad! The line's getting longer!" She yelled.
When they walked away, a hand tapped my uncles shoulder.
"Excuse me, sir, ma'am?" A voice spoke.
My uncle and I turned to where the voice came from, and it was...
"Curtis!"
"Curtis!" My uncle and I said in unison.
"Yes, sir, ma'am! Can I offer you two tickets for a turn to build a toy with Santa's elves? Plus, I'll throw in this year's commemorative pen, which is voice enhanced!" Curtis pulled out a pen and spoke into it, "Will that be cash or credit card, sir?" Curtis asked.
"Will that be cash or credit card, sir?" The pen repeated.
"That's silly!" I said.
"If you're still not sure, I'll throw in a pass for the nice list!" Curtis suggested.
"The nice list?" My uncle asked.
"Walk with me, won't you?" Curtis said, leading us on a little walk.
"Curtis, it's us!" I said.
"Oh, for the love of candy canes, what have you done here?" Scott asked as we came to the nice list.
"Well, sir! This is the nice list kiosk! The line ends over there by the reindeer petting zoo!" Curtis said, pointing to the end of the line.
"Wait a minute, do you mean parents pay to have their kids put on the nice list?" I asked.
"That's not right. I better change things back to the way they were! I-....Where's Bernard? He'll understand!" My uncle said.
"Yeah, where is he?" I asked.
"Where did you hear that name?" Curtis asked.
"We know Bernard! He's our best friend!" I said.
"No one's spoken of him for 10 years! The new santa thought he was too much of a threat to take his place as santa and stop this whole resort! So, Santa locked him away! He's been there ever since! In the same cell in the E.L.F.S department! I.... I kinda miss him! He was a great head Elf! Who knows if he's still alive right now! Or, he's lost all his hope and....is gone!" Curtis said, a few tears rolling down his cheek.
"Where's your boss?" My uncle asked.
"Where's Frost? Curtis, WHERE'S FROST?!?!" I yelled, my rage rising because of Jack locking Bernard away.
"Security!" Curtis called.
"BRING FROST OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!!!" My uncle yelled.
"I'll take care of them!" A voice came. We all turned around and saw Jack, he had a bit more of a belly and a big, white beard, and, obviously, a red suit.
"Nice to see you two, Mon Frere! I've been waiting. Has it been 12 years already?" Jack asked.
"Frost. What have you done?" My uncle asked.
"Hey. Easy does it, Armani man! No hello? Love what you've done with the place?" Jack asked.
"No. None of that stuff! You've destroyed the pole!" I piped up.
"Y/n, is it?.... How's Bernard?" Jack asked.
"Better, now that he's gonna be avenged!" I said, going for Jack, but my uncle held me back.
"Shave a reindeer for 5 dollars!"  Jack's voice came on the intercom. 
"Hey. Frost, Frost! What about the secret of Santa?" Scott called as we ran after him.
"How could you do this to the North Pole? How could you do what you did to Bernard?" I asked.
"Because, y/n! Bernard is nothing but an annoying piece of shhhiny tinsel that won't shut up, and he has a serious problem of spoiling amazing news.....you're pregnant, I heard?" Jack said. My eyes widened, and I turned red. Scott turned to me and hugged me.
"I knew it! I knew that morning sickness wasn't the flu!" My uncle said.
"Okay, not how I thought you'd react!" I said
He pulled away and turned to Frost.
"This whole thing is way too much work. Way too much pressure!" Jack said, inspecting presents on a long table.
"Besides, no one even thanks you for  all your effort!" Jack said.
"What do you mean no thank yous? What about all the plates of cookies and milk?" Scott asked.
"Please, I'm cleansing!" Jack said.
"So I stopped the whole toy delivery nonsense, and I brought anyone who could afford to pay up here! Who needs magic? Who needs to be crawling on roofs and chimneys? I got everything I need right here!" Jack said.
"Look around you. This is not how the North Pole's supposed to be! You know that this is wrong!" I said.
"Why don't you two chill out and enjoy the swag, huh?" Jack said, handing a pen each to me and my uncle.
"This junk is not what Christmas is supposed to be!" Scott yelled, waving the pen about.
"Hey, you're the one who gave it all up!" Jack said.
"Because you tricked me!" Scott yelled.
"Tricked you? Give me a break!" Jack sneered.
"He didn't know you had his snowglobe!" I said.
"Maybe not, but who said, "I wish I'd never been santa at all? "" Huh?" Jack said. My uncle got an idea, and I think I was thinking the same thing.
"What?" I asked.
My uncle clicked the pen.
"I said, "Who said, 'I wish I'd never been santa at all'?" Huh? Rudolph? Rudolph's mamma?" Jack asked sarcastically.
"Frost. Switch back with me. Nows your chance!" My uncle said.
"And this is you guys' chance to enjoy the show! Security, take my guests to a seat, would ya?" Jack asked. Security led my uncle and I to a seat, and we sat down, ready to watch the show.
I had an idea and leaned into my uncle.
"I'm gonna try and find Bernard." I whispered.
"What? Why?" Scott asked.
"I want to bring him home!" I said.
"Honey, he won't know who you are!" Scott said.
"I'll make him know." I said, smiling. I looked at the guards, and they were smiling at the stage show. Now was my chance. I crawled on my hands and knees out of the audience and ran towards the E.L.F.S department.
Bernard, I'm coming....