chapter 7= Frozen Solid!

Bernard's POV

I was storming out of the factory as Jack made his way to Cocoa Alley. The Alley was silent as I called to him.

No one's POV

"JACK!!!" Bernard yelled. He turned around swiftly and smiled.
"Hey, Bernard! Anything I can do for you?" Jack asked. The Elf started to get angry and clenched his fists.
"Listen to me, Frost face! Don't think I didn't see you blowing your horrible, icy breath into our facilitys and put us..... SOOOO far behind!" Bernard said, pointing an angry finger at Jack.
"Save it, you garden gnome! You couldn't even keep y/n close to you!" Jack spat back at him, dismissively waving his hand.
"What are you talking about?" Bernard asked.
""WhAt aRe YoU tAlKiNg AbOuT?" Oh, come on! Y/n's slipping away from you, Bernard! You don't even know it. She's slipping away.... Like ice! You know, love doesn't last!" Jack explained, coming closer to Bernard.
"That's not true! I won't let you get into my head!" Bernard said, bringing his hand to his forehead for blockage.
"I think I already have.... oh, wait! How would you like a refreshment?" Jack asked. Bernard looked at Jack with a dumbfounded expression.
Then, Jack blew his icy breath into Bernard and forced him into the cocoa cupboard. When his icy breath cleared, Bernard was frozen solid. A statue. A frozen heart, longing to be thawed. Jack stepped towards Bernard's frozen figure.
"And I thought I would get to like you." He hissed, locking the cupboard Bernard was, now, trapped in. Jack walked away with a sly grin on his face as he made his way to the secret snow globe room.

-time skip-
20 minutes later.

Y/n's POV

Me, Laura, Niel, Sylvia, Bud, and Carol were decorating my uncles office. Niel was pulling on twinkle lights until a massive knot ball came into view. Laura chuckled at Niel's struggle.
"While I'm up here, do you want me to put on the tree topper?" Laura asked, pointing to the top of our Christmas tree.
"Do you mind if we save it for Uncle Scott? He always puts the tree topper on." I said.
"Of course!" Laura said, smiling.
Sylvia picked up a santa clause ornament and looked at it with wide eyes.
"It's strange how much this resembles.." Sylvia began. Just then, my uncle walked into the office and looked around at us.
"Hi, honey. I'm back!" He said to Carol as she turned around and sighed in relief.
"Oh, honey, are you okay?" Carol said, walking up to Scott.
"Great! The good news is I get to spend time with you guys!" Scott said, putting an arm around Carol and I.
"Scott." Sylvia said, handing the santa ornament to him.
"Guys, have you seen Bernard? He said he'd be here!" I said.
"Oh, I don't know! We'll look for him afterwards. I promise!" My uncle said.
"Sir," Curtis said, hurrying into the office, "Sorry to interrupt!....there's something you need to check twice." Curtis said, quite secretively, gesturing to list being carried in behind him.
"Uh....two minutes?" My uncle asked, holding up two fingers. I sighed, and Carol nodded stiffly.
My uncle pulled Curtis out of the office, and I could hear silent mummering between my uncle and Curtis. Laura pursed her lips and sighed.
"We have a problem. This is unreadable!" I heard my uncle say, looking at the list.
"Unreadable because it's crinkled up." Curtis said as they all walked off.
Silence fell in the office.
"You gotta flatten it out. Its gotta be in my office. Yeah, my office." I jeard my uncle say to Curtis.
"Niel?" Laura called to a, still, struggling Niel.
"What?" Niel said, quite annoyed.
"Let's go find Lucy and get her washed up for dinner!" Laura suggested. Niel came to Laura with the knot ball of twinkle lights still bundled in his arms. 
"Leave that here. Leave it." Laura whispered. Niel put the ball down and they both walked out of the room.
"Don't worry, honey." Sylvia said, linking hers and Carol's arms.
"Right, that's it! I'm calling Bernard!" I said, picking up my jingle phone.
I started ringing. I put on speaker jingle.
"Hi, you've reached the head Elf, sorry, I'm unavailable right now, so please leave a message at the jingle!" Bernard's voice came on the answer phone notice.
I decided to leave a message.
"Hey, B. It's your wife, y/n! Remember me? Where are you? You said you'd be here! Just get back to me as soon as you can! Love you, bye!" I hung up, and the message was sent.
"It's busy season!" Sylvia said to both me and Carol.
"It's always his busy season!" Carol said.
"Bernard's never THIS busy!" I said, resting my head on Carol's shoulder.

-time skip-
5 minutes later.

"Yes, Curtis, of course all those bears are machine-washable," My uncle was talking to Curtis through his jingle phone, "Right. Just put it on the card. Look, I can't be in two places at once. You've gotta manage down there and stop calling me every time something goes wrong. I'm a little busy with my family up here, Curtis! Speaking of which, Where's Bernard? Y/n's worried sick up here, wondering where her husband is. Oh, you don't know where he is. Send out elves and keep looking for him. Look, right now, all I want to be seeing is busy, busy, worker tushies!" My uncle kept talking.
"Hey, hey, I'm rolling down hill!" Bud said, as he was rolling to the side on the ladder. Then, Jack ran in and stopped the ladder from moving.
"This is not up to code, this building," Bud said, pointing a finger down at Jack.
"You're a temporary number one elf, Curtis. Act like it!" My uncle yelled.
"Why haven't you put the tree topper on the tree?" Jack asked Carol.
"Oh, Scott's just a little busy." Carol replied.
I looked over at my uncle, who was struggling to read the list, and his hair was a little ruffled.
"Tell your dad to do it," Jack whispered, "And watch the suddenly displaced Mr. Clause run right over!" Jack suggested. For once, I think Jack had a pretty good way of thinking.
"Hey, dad. Do you wanna help me with the tree topper?" Carol asked Bud.
"Yeah, in a minute!" Bud said, dismissing Jack "way of thinking." I sighed.
"I don't know who he is anymore!" Jack said.
"I don't know who he is anymore either!" Bud said.
"Niel, Lucy, and Laura should be here for this!" Sylvia said.
"There left a while ago. I wonder where they are!" I said.
I saw Jack reaching underneath the tree.
"What you doin', Jack?" I asked. He stumbled to his feet and smiled.
"Nothing. Screw was loose on the base!" Jack said.
"Oh, well! Thanks for the help!" I said. That was hard to get out.
"Hey, Jack, do you have any idea where Bernard is?" I asked him. He huffed in confusion.
"No! I saw him in Cocoa Alley but, then, he left. I guess he's still FROZEN in his job!" Jack said, chuckling.
"And, some of the Canadians invited Niel, Lucy, and Laura over for cocoa!" Jack said, filling the gap in between Carol and Sylvia.
"You know how they are. Yak-yak, yak-yak, eh?" Jack said. I wondered where they had gone...