chapter 4= welcome to Canada 🇨🇦

No one's POV

"Welcome to Canada!" The elves said in unison, "eh?" They all added.
Sylvia and Bud, Carol's parents, had awoke from the sleep and were surrounded by the elves and Scott.
"That was an easy flight. We cruised right through customs!" Scott said.
Bud and Sylvia sat up and looked among the elves in confusion. The elves all had woolly hats on to hide their ears.
"Oh, what a strange flight!" Bud said groggily.
Sylvia hummed in agreement.

Y/n's POV

I made my way over where the elves were surrounding Carol's parents, who had just woken up.
"It was like a dream," Sylvia said. "And such a nice meal." She added.
"They gave you a meal? I got four nuts in a pouch." Bud said. I giggled.
"Oh! Bud, Sylvia, this is my niece, y/n!" Scott introduced.
"Oh, y/n! You're so pretty! I've heard so much about you!" Sylvia said, shaking my hand.
"Thanks!" I said.
"And you had us sit in coach!" Bud said, turning to my uncle.
"No, that was first class," Sylvia said.
"And I got a chance to sit next to Tony Bennett!" She added, fluffing her hair.
Carol started to break through the crowd and layed eyes on her parents.
"Mum! Dad!" Carol said.
"Oh, sweetheart!" Bud said, hugging Carol.
"Oh, honey!" Sylvia said, absolutely overjoyed to see her daughter. I smiled at my uncle, and he smiled back, and fist bumped me.
"And look at this, look at this. It could be twins!" Bud said, looking down at Carol's baby bump.
"But, since you married the toymaker, we don't get a lot of information!" Bud added.
"Oh, honey, just. Stop it, okay!" Sylvia said, patting Bud's arm.
"Sweetheart, I'm just so happy to see you, darling." Sylvia said, sharing an embrace with her daughter.
"I'm so happy to see you too, mom!" Carol said.
"And I'm sure you have a perfectly good reason for shutting us out of your life." Sylvia said. My eyes widened with worry.
My uncles smile faded and turned into an uneasy expression.

I went into the workshop where Laura, Niel, and Lucy were acting like big kids. Lucy, checking out the Kobi, the magic panda stuff, Niel hanging out with the trains, and Laura making a doll. I smiled to myself to see they were acting like big kids.
I came to the station where Jack was observing the elves work. I watched to see what he was up to.
"Oh, excellent job! Bang, bang!" Jack exclaimed, pretending to bang the elves' heads with the hammer then, chuckling.
His smile dropped, and he sighed and found his way to a big magnifying glass. He put his face in and tried to scare the elves. "Roooaaaarrr." Jack growled, making a face in the glass.
He chuckled and looked to the elf who was looking at him like he had three heads.
"Isn't that fun?...faster, worker elves, faster!" Jack said briskly as he continued to observe. I rolled my eyes and made my way to the elf village to check on Bud and Sylvia and all that lot until I ran into Bernard.
"Oh! Hey, B! Are you okay??" I asked.
"Huh? Oh yeah! I'm fine! What are you doing?" Bernard asked.
"Oh! I'm gonna go see how Carol's parents are doing!"
"Oh, uhhh....can I come? I haven't met them yet!"
"Yeah, sure! Come on!" I said, leading him out of the workshop.

No one's POV

"What a quaint little village. Everyone's just so petite!" Sylvia said, taking in her surroundings.
"No. Tom Cruise is petite. These people are short!" Bud said.
"What's the deal with them?" Bud said.
"Who? What? Oh, uh... Have you ever been to Canada?" Scott stammered until he smiled a cheesy smile.
"No. It's too far." Bud said.
"We did go to Rochester, New York, once, to visit her sister." Bud said, gesturing to Sylvia.
"Very lovely place. But it's not Canada, is it?" Scott asked them.
"No." Bud said flatly.
"Well, this is....... This is what Canadians look like!" Scott stated whilst nodding.
Bud and Sylvia looked around with dumbfounded expressions, and then, Bud stared at the floor and, eventually, said, "Ah."
Then, y/n came along with Bernard, who had his berret on, but his ears had been spritzed with a special mist that hid elf ears.
"Hey, Bud, Sylvia!" Y/n called to them.
"Oh, y/n! Hi!" Sylvia said. Then, she noticed Bernard, and she frowned in confusion.
"Who's this?" Bud asked.
"Oh, uhhh....this is my husband, Bernard!" Y/n said.
"Oh! Oh! He's very handsome!" Sylvia said, shaking y/n's husband's hand.
"Well, look at you! A wife at 18!" Bud said. My smile dropped fast.

Y/n's POV

We went into the workshop and...Sylvia and Bernard got along really well, and Bud even chatted with him as well.
We were walking in the direction of the reindeer stables.
"You take Christmas very seriously!" Bud said, looking at the tapestries hung on the walls.
"The most wonderful time of the year!" Bernard said, smiling.
Bud scoffed.
"Oh, honey! Just because you're not into Christmas doesn't mean others can't enjoy it!" Sylvia said. Bernard stopped and watched as my uncle stopped with Curtis looking down at a clipboard.
"The kids are not gonna enjoy their toys this year. This stuff should've been in stores weeks ago." Bud said.
"No worries. We have an excellent distribution system up here!" Bernard stated, placing his hands behind his back.
"Well, in order to distribute this stuff, you're gonna have to freeze time!" Bud said, chuckling.
"Trust me, sir. Manipulating the space-time continuum..." Curtis rambled on as Bernard and my uncle whistled softly and dragged their hands across their necks in a no gesture. "For one-night delivery is the easy part!" Curtis finished and suddenly realised what he had said.
Bernard chuckled and rapped an arm around Curtis to shut him up.
"Who are you?" Bud asked Curtis.
"Curtis!" He replied. There was a silence.
"Eh?"
"Eh?" Bernard and Curtis said in unison.
".....Who's hungry?" My uncle and I said in unison.