Chapter 5

Now, on my 24th birthday party, as I was sitting next to my sister, watching her treasured by the first man that was able to catch my very attention, for the very first time....

I was feeling confused...

'Why am i feeling sad?'

'And what does this unknown pain in my chest... means?'

I resurfaced from my thoughts, when Rei called out to me...

"Yuki! Come and dance with us! it's your birthday afterall, you can't just sit here, you're the main girl of this day!" he said smiling, with his left hand extended towards me, signaling me to take it....

Suddenly, I felt guilty for all of them that organized this awesome party just for me, and i wasn't even partecipating in it with them...

"Sure! Let's dance!" I said cheerfully, taking Rei's hand, as he grabs it and leads me towards the center of the living room to dance...

As I and Rei were dancing slowly, my blue eyes looking at his emerald ones...

his right hand leading my left one while his left arm wrapped my waist, with a sweet music surrounding us...

I murmured to him....

"Sorry Rei..." I muttered...

"Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong. Just like Yume always says, you apologize too much!" he said it chuckling...

"I can see you're not acting like your usual self... After Yume introduced Him...

I know you're hurt because Yume didn't let you know that she had already a boyfriend, right?

But I'm sure she had a valid reason, to have kept it a secret from you..." he continued...

My eyes widens, hearing his words... then I lowered my eyes, leaving his ones... and a sad light smile was formed on my face, while staring at the ground...

"Rei, you really know me so well... " i whispered...

"We are together since we were 5 years old... I can say proudly that i know you just like i know my own pockets haha" he said it in a joking way.

"Hey!! That's rude!" I said laughing happily... as he pinches my nose too...

He is always so caring, despite his teasing ways...

I'm really lucky to have him by my side...

When the music changed into a more rock one, and i didn't want to dance anymore, Rei released me from his left arm...