Chapter 6

As the song ended, the lights came back on. Everyone clapped and cheered for the Brothers, who waved and grinned at the crowd. Layla was relieved that the song is finished, but she feels bad that her friends are still sad.

"Come on, guys." Lucky Bat said. "Let's go home."

"No! We're not going anywhere!"

The dolls gasped as Layla had said in front of everyone.

"What are you doing, Layla have you lost your mind. We don't belong here." Wage said.

"Wait...that name is kinda familiar..."

"I heard that name before..."

"Layla?! Is that you?!"

"Oh my god. She's back."

The Brothers were confused and shocked for what they just heard from everyone. "You all know this...black, white girl?" Layla was a bit annoyed with the nickname from Lou. "That's Layla. She was our leader before she left." The female doll said. The Brothers are shocked. "Leader?!? That's means...you're our sister?!" "That is correct, my dear brothers." Everyone gasp in shock even the uglydolls are shock too.

"No way..."

"They're....siblings?"

"We're gonna train to go to the Big World." Moxy announced, stepping closer to the Brothers. "We're just as lovable as the rest you. And we're gonna prove you three wrong."

Leroy, Luca and Lou gave each other a look. Then, Luca let out a burst out laughing, prompting the rest of the Pretty Dolls to do the same.

"Before we do this, shouldn't we tell Ox?" Lucky Bat asked.

Lou held a hand out to stop the laughter.

"Ox?" Lou stepped closer to the UglyDolls and Layla. "Who is Ox?"

"He's the founder and the mayor of our town, where we live." Layla said.

As Lou looked away in confusion, Luca stepped forward.

"So," he chuckled weakly, "There's a whole town of..." Luca gestured to the UglyDolls and Layla. "Uglies?"

"It's called UglyVille." Moxy said with a smile.

Lydia muttered something to Kitty, who nodded.

"Um... none of this matters," Leroy stammered nervously, "okay?"

"Lee's right." Lou said, shaking himself from his stupor. "Only Pretty Dolls can run the Gauntlet. Rules are rules."

"What rules?" Moxy asked.

"Uh..."

The brothers looked at each other nervously, Layla went panicked before a robot wheeled in, carrying their rulebook and beginning to read from it.

"Oh! No, no, no."

Luckily, Layla slammed the book shut, shooing the robot away. She turned back to her friends.

"They're just kidding, guys. They allowed you guys to stay here." She said to her friends.

"Really?!" Moxy asked excitedly.

"Of course!" Luca exclaimed, forcing a smile.

"What kind of amazingly benevolent leader would we be if we denied fellow dolls a chance to fulfill their dreams?" Lou clapped his hands together. "Mandy, show our special guests their quarters."

"Might I suggest the Supply Suite, dear brother?" Luca grinned at Lou, who smirked back.

"Magnificent idea, Luca and for...our dear sister we'll let you sleep in our Mansion cause we have extra room." He said and she agreed as Mandy escorted the five away.

As she did, Lou beckoned Moxy closer. When she was a foot away, he loomed over her with a sardonic smirk.

"We've a reputation to maintain. So we'll let you skate by this time." Lou whispered. "Enjoy this moment, because it doesn't get better than this."

Moxy gulped, before turning to follow her friends.

"Kitty, Lydia, Tuesday." The three girls came forward at Lou's call. The Brothers turned to them with serious expressions on their faces while Layla just stand behind her brothers.

"Find out everything you can about their town." Lou said, "and report back to us tomorrow night."

"Night?!" Tuesday asked excitedly. "Like a date?"

Lou rolled his eyes in exasperation while Luca shook his head. Layla silently giggled.

"Nope." He said, before smirking. "But there is one more thing we need you to do."